Menu

What's with the ads?

mommyoffive

What do you want for the holidays?

I want out-of-town family to not complicate my life by being here right AT Christmas, but that ain't going to happen, lol. 

• Like 4

For the first time in I think 8 years, we are not going on a travel trip over winter break.

I decided to have a "real tree" for the first time.

Other than that, the main thing I want is peace.

"Things" - I would love it if my kids could find me the same kind of planner they bought me at the school's Candy Cane Shop last year.

More than that, I hope I come up with good gift ideas for everyone else.

I hope to spend some relaxed time with my extended family.

I would love it if my kids could finish all their Pioneer level award requirements over break (AHG)!  Ha!

Time to clean my house would be super.

Getting caught up on my work to-do's would be super-er.

• Like 5

I usually have trouble coming up with anything.

this year - I want a massage chair.

• Like 5

I'm getting an Aussie puppy for Christmas! He is the baby brother of my dog, Titan, who is the most loyal, smart, and crazy-in-a-good-way dog I've ever had.❤️We're bringing him home in about a month - can't wait!

• Like 21

20 minutes ago, Selkie said:

I'm getting an Aussie puppy for Christmas! He is the baby brother of my dog, Titan, who is the most loyal, smart, and crazy-in-a-good-way dog I've ever had.❤️We're bringing him home in about a month - can't wait!

You stink. Oops, I mean Wow! I'm so.happy for you that you're getting a furry little bundle of fun at Christmas and I'm not at all jealous. Nope, not jealous at all!

🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

I want a list of about 3 or 4 things to tell my DH that I want so he doesn't lose his composure as it gets close to Christmas bc he can't think of anything!

He loves to buy presents, give presents, watch me open presents...just never knows what to get me. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Selkie said:

cool.  1dd is getting an Australian labradoodle puppy for Christmas (13th)  - the younger full-blood sibling of her 19mo (now full size at 18") puppy.   (the breeder rarely breeds the same pair twice.)  he's been great.   she was one of the first on the list, and asks for temperament before confirmation.   

I will be getting them both in the morning, and dd will pick them up from my house.   she's taking Christmas week off.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

I want a pair of warm, clog-style slippers with non-skid bottoms.

Costco has had some great sheepskin scuff's with heavy soles.  you could check online.  (they're warm.)

• Like 3

I'm getting myself a new pair of shoes so I can run and not be so fluffy. And if I ever decide which one (or keep the first I bought), I'm getting a gym bag, which I guess goes with the shoes and being less fluffy. :biggrin:

What I *want* is a 70" tv over a corner fireplace. But I don't know that that will happen, sigh.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

Costco has had some great sheepskin scuff's with heavy soles.  you could check online.  (they're warm.)

You hit upon the problem.  Lots of stores have them, but I have pretty small feet.  It leaves me in the children's department where they're too wide or in the adult department where they're too wide and too long.  So they sit on my wishlist, waiting.  I can knit my own but I haven't figured out how to attach a non-skid bottom cut to size.

Just now, HomeAgain said:

You hit upon the problem.  Lots of stores have them, but I have pretty small feet.  It leaves me in the children's department where they're too wide or in the adult department where they're too wide and too long.  So they sit on my wishlist, waiting.  I can knit my own but I haven't figured out how to attach a non-skid bottom cut to size.

you can buy non-skid fabric meant for slippers.  I've also seen people make their flip-flops into slippers.  (I'm sure there are directions on pinterest).

I understand the frustration trying to find shoes that fit.  I have a particular wide ball, and everything is too narrow.  it's the rare shoe that fits well.

• Like 1

I want a solo vacation- with open ended travel dates, out of cell phone range, with a fast car and  sunny days.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I’m hoping to get some ideas here.  DH asked me for a list the other day and all I could come up with was craft scissors.  He wasn’t really impressed.  😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I think I want a new robe.  Not terrycloth, but maybe a longer heavy-ish knit robe. Maybe this one?  Not sure...

I also would like a couple sets of new earrings.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

I have these. The sheepskin is warm, but there is almost no arch support and they don’t fit snugly. I don’t wear them while going uP and down our stairs. I am going to replace them with some moccasins instead.

ETA: have you seen LL Bean’s daybreak scuffs?

Edited by prairiewindmomma

I want dd's current deployment to be over safely.

I want all my kids to be able to be here all at the same time, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. 

I want dh's brain cancer to not re-occur, but I fear that's not the case, considering what his short-term memory is like. 

And I want someone to clean my house! 😉 

eta: I want a recording of dd with Indy Baroque on Naxos--hoping it's released by then. 

eta: saw some friends we hadn't seen in a long time at the high school, and of course, they asked after the kids. I went through them all, and dh interrupted, claiming I'd missed ds. The friend started at me, puzzled, as I'd JUST said he was stationed in San Antonio. After dh wandered off, I had to explain. The memory thing is getting worse, much worse. 

Edited by Margaret in CO
  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Margaret in CO said:

I want all my kids to be able to be here all at the same time, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. 

I want dh's brain cancer to not re-occur, but I fear that's not the case, considering what his short-term memory is like. 

I hope you get all those things!

• Like 12

For my husband to be okay.   We are waiting on a confirmation of polycythemia vera (appt is Nov. 25th).  I just want him to be healthy and for this to essentially be a non-issue in his life.  For him to live a long healthy life despite this diagnosis and for it to never progress to anything more.

• Like 21

20 minutes ago, Margaret in CO said:

eta: I want a recording of dd with Indy Baroque on Naxos--hoping it's released by then. 

I hope you get all of these things.  Many hugs...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Selkie said:

Lucky!!!!   I am happy for you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

You hit upon the problem.  Lots of stores have them, but I have pretty small feet.  It leaves me in the children's department where they're too wide or in the adult department where they're too wide and too long. 

I wear ladies size 5 or kids size 3 for UGG booties. Sometimes I just buy a pair of booties and use as indoor shoes. 

I buy UGG Tasman slipper to use indoors but I do have a UGG factory outlet nearby https://www.amazon.com/UGG-5955-Womens-Tasman-Slipper/dp/B077TV5HM9

• Like 2

I want the baby to learn to sleep through the night - that would make the holidays very magical indeed 🙂

• Like 15

Vintage kitchen towels and some board games for my Sunday School kiddos. Also world peace. 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, peacelovehomeschooling said:

For my husband to be okay.   We are waiting on a confirmation of polycythemia vera (appt is Nov. 25th).  I just want him to be healthy and for this to essentially be a non-issue in his life.  For him to live a long healthy life despite this diagnosis and for it to never progress to anything more.

Best wishes for his appointment.  My mother was diagnosed about 2 years ago and she has not needed any of the more aggressive treatments, just low dose aspirin and regular check-ups.  She does still suffer from increased fatigue but has no other symptoms or side effects.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I want my daughter to be happy, healthy, stable, and herself again and to return to school or at least to doing homeschooling.  To living her life.  I want her not to have ptsd type reactions to sounds or body dysphoria.  

I want my other daughter to continue doing well.  

Other than that, there's nothing I really want.  Less anxiety all around would be good.  I'd like to be able to bring in some money and have a little more financial security.  

• Like 17

I want something, um, political. *mumblemumblemumble*

Barring that, I really want to be gainfully employed by the new year, or my birthday, or at the very latest, leap year. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Tanaqui
  • Like 12

I want my new flooring installed way before Christmas for Christmas. That is truly what I want my gift to be!

Other things I would love: Bath and Body Works candles, fuzzy socks, a new travel mug... that’s pretty much it.  I’ve never asked for anything pricier or more involved than this dang floor in my entire life. And I’m going nuts trying to get ready for it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, hjffkj said:

I have no idea, other than a new job for dh.

This is all I want, as well.   ❤️

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, marbel said:

This is all I want, as well.   ❤️

Well I will keep you in my prayers that you get it. We are waiting to hear about one place he's pretty excited about. It has only been a week since the interview and Monday they talked to his references.  But waiting is so hard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I want Trader Joe’s peppermint JoJos and caramel sampler in my stocking.

We buy these things in some quantities for Christmas party games and small gifts. The long box of caramels makes for fun guessing in a crazy santa game. 

I want a new blender (just basic, not a vitamix), some brown boots, and some earrings. Probably shopping for myself, but that is fine. Mom is buying me the blender. 

Other than that, I want some restful days with lots of time to read, watch movies, and sleep late. I want evenings when we are all home together. Lots of evenings with a fire in the fireplace, soup for dinner, and no meetings, practices or parties to attend.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

My son has had 5 consecutive nights of good sleep, something that feels like a miracle.  

So, my Christmas wish is many more nights that are the same.  

• Like 8

My husband’s paternal aunt who is a really kind person to recover from lung cancer. My husband has already lost a paternal aunt (whom I didn’t get to meet but is known for being kind) to lung cancer. I don’t wish anyone ill but is so sad when the kind relatives suffer and my toxic relatives are so healthy and able to inflict more harm 😞

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, AurieD said:

Best wishes for his appointment.  My mother was diagnosed about 2 years ago and she has not needed any of the more aggressive treatments, just low dose aspirin and regular check-ups.  She does still suffer from increased fatigue but has no other symptoms or side effects.

Thank you very much.  Hearing your mom's success story is comforting.  I hope she continues to do well.

• Like 1

My son hasn’t been home since March. All I want is for him to be able to get here during December so I can cook all his favorite meals , bake cookies and cakes, listen to him gently snore in his bedroom, wash the 60 pounds of clothes he’ll haul home, play Scrabble so we can secretly pair up to help his dad lose for once, listen to all his tales and drama of grad school, and sit in our dark basement and slaughter bad guys together on Call of Duty.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Well after all of these last posts, mine is going to sound pretty shallow. I just want a really, really nice bottle of wine. 

Well, I was going to say that I bought myself a 60-count box of Airheads for Christmas. 😛

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

On 11/14/2019 at 5:56 PM, HomeAgain said:

I want a pair of warm, clog-style slippers with non-skid bottoms.

I saw these at Costco last week.

edited: I don't think they have your size!  My feet are bigger than yours and they don't have my size either.

Edited by Mbelle