Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• Work  
  • Pick up Kohl's order  
  • Pick up Walgreen order--- it isn't ready
  • Stop at grocery store for a few things---leaving for the weekend
  • Talk to AP about being a reference and why I need to find a new job- didn't get the chance today
  • Dinner out with son  
Edited by DawnM
  • Like 6

Good morning! Regular day here.

• coffee/paper
  • dh off to work
  • dd2 off to school
  • ds3 up and working
  • morning chores
  • clean kitchen
  • clean out pantry or refrigerator- 
  • grocery list- maybe store
  • dd2- high school swim meeting
  • ds3 tennis
  • dinner- sheet pan chicken
  • dd2 late practice

Have a good day!

• Like 7

Good morning!

Regular day here, too. I woke up with a migraine and am hoping to squash it down with coffee and a hot shower.

• office work - bills, insurance, and taxes
  • unpack produce box
  • go grocery shopping
  • pick up a refill from vet
  • get coffee with dd
  • order Christmas tree and wreaths
  • dust & vacuum
  • read
  • dinner: leftovers
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Well crap, I lost a whole long rant, LOL.

Short version is that the maids decided to come a day early and I am not happy about it!  Our whole living room is Project Central for something we need to assemble tonight.  I don't want to move it just for one day!  Also the kids' rooms are trashed ... again.  And I have a lot of deadline work to do today!  I seriously hate that the maids come so often.  If it wasn't insulting, I would just pay them to stay away half of the time!  To make matters worse, they will probably come late (they usually do) and cut into the time we need to work on our AHG project, homework, etc!  Grr....

Done:

• Kids up (early to finish homework) and off to the school bus on time (barely).
  • Cleaned kitchen.
  • Caught up with social media, news, emails.
  • Texted with sister.
  • First cup of coffee.

To do:

• Work work work.  I want to finish my 11/15 deadlines today due to being very busy tomorrow.
  • AGH email(s).
  • Clean for the maids, ugh!!!
  • Kids' work - hopefully homework is at a minimum!
  • AHG project work - planning, shopping, assembling, making signs and such.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 8

Had a very good night's sleep. Yay. My sore neck is enjoying the heating pad while I sit at the computer.

Done:

- washed supper dishes from last night

- drank my morning coffee! Delicious!

To do:

- phone my mom; need to psych myself up a little for this 😉

- walk in the woods with friends; lots of fresh snow so it will be fun

- make food and eat; I want to grill some Chinese eggplant and portabello mushrooms

- buy live rush tickets to the local theatre; Extra bonus is that ds wants to try to see it. He must be feeling a little better!

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 7

Jen, congratulations on your dd signing!

Selkie, hope you feel better!

I've tutored one student, and will have one more plus school with ds. The good thing is that my classes for co-op are ready to go. 

• school
  • tutor 1 student
  • errand out (food for party at co-op)
  • meals 
  • pack for co-op
  • tidy everywhere and clean kids' end of the house
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good morning! 

Selkie, I hope your migraine goes away quickly! 

Today is an ordinary day with an extra errand run in the afternoon.

School  
Laundry! 
Bake pumpkin bread
Make dinner early - chx stir fry and egg rolls  
Library?
Call mom  
Quick errand run in the afternoon  
AHG badge ceremony tonight! Fun because the new girls will get their joining badge and several other badges and patches. Exciting for them to put some bling on their uniforms! Dd will get four badges she earned at camp, plus Camping and a service star. Three are Stars and Stripes required;just two left.
Order Advent candles
Call bookstore  

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

nap ... or work ... decisions, decisions ....

I had to re-wash a load of clothes because it smells.  I don't know why but it stinks.

I mostly finished clearing stuff away for the maids.  I did leave some dirt where they are just going to wipe again anyway.

Now what is that car that just parked in my driveway???  Oh crap the maids came over an hour early.  Sheesh.

• Like 6

Margaret, how did your "best nap ever" go yesterday? Hope things went smoothly and all is ok health-wise.

I go for an abdominal ultrasound in a week, where I will try not to cry when the technician presses the wand thing all around the tender areas. I find that when they rub next to the bones (ribs, pelvis bone or spine) the pain they create is unfair. I wasn't hurting there, but you made it hurt. 😕

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

On load #3 of laundry

Kitchen is clean

Did a little office work

Unpacked produce box and stashed everything in fridge

Also unpacked three big boxes from Vitacost. I had a good coupon, so I stocked up on essentials like beans, tomatoes, and pasta. My pantry is now stuffed to the gills.

I'm burning a hot cocoa-scented candle and it is making me hungry!

Off to do barn chores and then to the grocery store.

• Like 5

Overslept this morning.  But I guess that means that I got enough sleep!

human care done

pet care done

medical care done

morning exercises done.  I am up to two sets of 13 reps (with a goal of 20 reps) on my leg lifts.  I am getting stronger!

picked up dd's bike from Starbucks

dropped dd's library books off at the library

now I am going to make myself some hot tea. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, SKL said:

Well crap, I lost a whole long rant, LOL.

Short version is that the maids decided to come a day early and I am not happy about it!  Our whole living room is Project Central for something we need to assemble tonight.  I don't want to move it just for one day!  Also the kids' rooms are trashed ... again.  And I have a lot of deadline work to do today!  I seriously hate that the maids come so often.  If it wasn't insulting, I would just pay them to stay away half of the time!  To make matters worse, they will probably come late (they usually do) and cut into the time we need to work on our AHG project, homework, etc!  Grr....

We will probably get the maid problem soon but that is on my to do list (not for today).  But, I hear you---getting ready for leaf blowing or lawn cutting which usually means my car has to be out or the pest control guy comes randomly and also blocks up my driveway-- and what you just went through is even worse.  Sorry.

• Like 5

I didn;t get anywhere enough sleep last night because younger dd decided to have a sudden rant about LGBTQ rights or non rights or whatever at 11pm when I was trying to wind down watching one episode of a Netflix show and she was supposed to be taking a shower.  So she is very tired today at work and I am super tired due to lack of sleep, weather stuff and doing too much in the morning.   All three of my kids seem to like to rant politics or social issues stuff when I just want calmness-  Ds ranted about who know what on the way back from Nashville on Tuesday.  And DD1 only ranted about co-workers during a live concert last Friday night when I couldn't hear well and didn't want to discuss that anyway.  Oh and the worse thing is they are not ranting at me for being some way-- they are ranting about so-called other people and they way they think or behave.

• Breakfast. Morning meds, midday meds, Lunch, and coffee done
  • fish and cat got fed
  • washed dishes that dd2 left from her office Thanksgiving party, leftovers never eaten, horrible reusable straws, etc
  • Moved very heavy cooler, and two others inside the garage, plus caving helmets, caving gear, and shelter tent too so that lawn and leaf guy can actually leaf blow the leaves on our patio
  • Went to Bible Study
  • Went through 2 hours of working to get our internet and phone to work again and got it partially accomplished with my chat with human on Comcast and partially with ds coming over to fix it.
  • Go out and buy symphony tickets for Beethoven 9th and Shostakovich 9th too.  (DONE)
  • who knows about dinner  (Younger dd questioned why I was ordering steak tip dinner when she was going over to ds's appartment and eat frozen pizza-- how about I am not eating chicken soup that I ended up making, since she didn't do it, for three non breakfast meals in a row)
  • relax (trying to anyway)
Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 5

All done!

The AHG girls did a great job of leading our ceremony tonight. A few glitches, but they are learning from experience. 

I'm wiped out. My cold is settled in my sinuses and massage isn't helping. Took some ibuprofen and headed to bed.

Listening to Close Reads to wind down from a busy day. 

• Like 3