Menu

November's question - where to buy a specific "fan" (yes, I know we're in fall)

sheryl

So, we live in the south and, in fact, near the South Carolina border.  Summers are brutal, sometimes.  Ironically we don't necessarily need a fan now as today was a cold rain and around 40.  But, it's been fairly warm up until today.  One fan stopped working about a month or so ago and it was on the brink a while before that.  And, our other small fan is konking out now.  Sometimes I'll still put a fan on "low" for air circulation.  

I've been looking high and low but to no avail.  

This is what I'm looking for and I don't know if it's available.  If you have one - how old is it, where did you get it, link, etc?

We had one that was maybe:
12 inch square
Flat
Folded up

The nice thing about that was that during our transition seasons of fall and spring we could open our bedroom window and I'd prop the fan in the window with screen in place and pull in the nice, cool air from outside.  Our other small fan was a round table top about 12" also but round and not square.  The only thing better would be to get metal blades as I think they might circulate better (?).  

If you have one like this, where on earth can I find one.  Would prefer one NOT usb compatible but regular electrical cord (back up of battery as secondary would be ok).

13 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

Getting on the right track.  I did buy an O2Cool from BBB but it's pretty flimsy.  I see your search yielded other manufacturers so I may look in to those. THANKS!  

2 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Something like this? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lasko-Weather-Shield-Select-20-in-3-Speed-Box-Fan-with-Thermostat-B20573/206441059

My Dh buys fans somewhat often for his shop, or his office etc. He always either goes through Home Depot or Amazon. Our Home Depot carries fans year round. If you do have one local it will show you if it's in stock, but they also do shipping/ship to store now like everyone else. 

OK, that looks like a good one but may be a bit bigger at 20 in than what can fit in our window.   I can go to the store and ask or call there if I can't find anything navigating their website.  THANKS!

On 11/12/2019 at 4:31 PM, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I like this one in general.   Now I'm looking for one small enough to place in window.  I didn't even think to check qvc.   Thanks much!

On 11/12/2019 at 4:58 PM, Arcadia said:

Yes!  This looks good for window.  The size is good and I love the blades.  I bought the O2COOL from BBB and the blades were so skinny I'm thinking what air flow could there be from that?  These are bigger and look hearty.  Thanks for checking with Home Depot - good idea.  And, I AE.....Texan suggested Lowe's - equally a good idea!  Thanks much!