Menu

The Desert Landscape & Busy Teachers Lounge 11-12-2019

scrapbookbuzz

Hello, all! Yes, I'm back. If it may only be for today. I keep wanting a simpler life but it only seems to be getting busier. Hmm.
Anyone else with me on this?

The Desert Landscape part of today's theme comes from the fact that the dog and I just returned from a "preview" hike. I'm leading a 
Desert Survival Science, Homeschool Edition class this Thursday and wanted to make sure I had, for the preview class, a relatively easy
trail to follow and enough plants to talk about! Thankfully, we found one! Even educated an older hiker while I was there. 🙂

What are you up to today? Here: hiking, quick trip to PetsMart with the dog, baking gluten-free muffins, school, writing, webinars, figuring out what's
for supper, cleaning house.

Any field trips this week? Here: not technically a field trip but our outside class on Thursday.

Anybody tired yet? Here: ME!

Talk to me! 👂

• Like 1

I left Ds at home to wrestle with his college homework and spent the morning working with first graders in Youngest’s classroom. I left that volunteer job to head to another. I am home briefly for lunch and am off to run a kid to the orthodontist.

It is a very different life than when I had all four kids at home. This is a sustainable pace for me and I am enjoying this season while it lasts. It feels so good to give back to my community compared to feeling like I was drowning at home with all that I had to do.

Tonight: homework & afterschooling, working on the bathroom reno, and spending time planning my work load.

I need some advice. I want a standard gift I can bring to new members of our church. We average 8-10 move ins/outs due to our location....so I was thinking a baked good because that’s easy to do in bulk. Muffins? Cinnamon rolls? Hot bread? It won’t work for everyone because of food issues, but it will for many.

Thoughts?