Menu

What's with the ads?

Brynmawr

Any recommendation for a High School American History course?

I am looking for a course in American History, online, live and interactive, for my daughter who will be a senior next year (2020-2021). Can anyone recommend a course?

Thank you!

To check all of those boxes, I'd take a look at Well Trained Mind Academy live classes. Tbh, they have been the most consistent multi-class provider we've used for various high school classes and I'm not just saying that because this is the WTM forum. Full disclosure- US History is actually not a class my dd has taken there- we did that one at home- but I know they offer it, and judging by our experience with all of their other history/humanities type classes she has taken, it's worth putting on the list to consider. 

Edited by Æthelthryth the Texan
  • Like 1

I would also add Memoria Press Online Academy. We haven't been able toa fford any classes but people who have have been very positive. The Memoria Press forum is a great place to ask about specifics.

Edited by Paradox5

OP, I just asked about this recently and was told the US history course on WTM academy uses written responses pretty much exclusively, so papers and summaries (not tests, projects, etc.).  

My ds did the “College Prep US History” online class with Memoria Press as a 9th grader. He enjoyed it. I think there were quizzes but there were also short answer/essay assignments and tests. 

There is usually an early registration discount before March 15. Course times will probably start to be posted for MPOA by the winter break. They seem to usually be available pretty early.

• Like 2