Menu

AirBnB question

Borstahusen

My 2 daughters and I are planning a trip to St Pete, Florida in January to see friends. We have friends to stay with the first week, but the second week we were thinking about trying AirBnB. Is it better to get a reservation now or wait until just a few weeks before our visit to get a good price? I’m not interested in fancy, just a safe place with enough beds. 

Thank you!

I might look now.  I did one in St Pete's a few years ago and the neighborhood was OK, but not the best.  The biggest issue was that it said secured parking and to do that you had to open a gate, drive through an alley, shut the gate and when leaving it was even harder.  House was cute and well stocked and worked well for our needs.

I would be afraid that the nicer places might fill up faster.

• Like 1

Airbnb isn't like hotels... I don't think they change the costs as the dates approach like that. I could be wrong (and I'd be curious if anyone knows), but I think you set your costs based on time of year, special occasions, and weekend or not. I don't think there are algorithms changing individual host prices as the nearness of the date you're booking approaches.

In other words, yeah book now.

• Like 2