Menu

Fitbit/activity tracker

TABmom

I would really like to get an activity tracker that is particularly good with sleep tracking. Anyone have advice on which one is really accurate with that? I'm not sleeping well due to anxiety and I'd like to really get a clear picture of how much sleep I am getting. Also, what my heart rate is at night when I'm not sleeping. I feel like it's too high to relax completely. Obviously, I don't want to buy top-of-the-line of that's not necessary. Thanks!

From what I have read, none of them are accurate on the sleeping part. The scores are based on movement, or lack thereof. So if you move much in your sleep, it will thing you are awake, and if you lie still but are still wide awake (as I often am) it will think you are sleeping. I guess one with a heart rate monitor might do better, though. Not sure. Never researched those. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaKim said:

From what I have read, none of them are accurate on the sleeping part. The scores are based on movement, or lack thereof. So if you move much in your sleep, it will thing you are awake, and if you lie still but are still wide awake (as I often am) it will think you are sleeping. I guess one with a heart rate monitor might do better, though. Not sure. Never researched those. 

I think mine is fairly good.  The only thing it can't distinguish is if I meditate in bed (I do a body scan to get to sleep if I am having trouble settling).  It's one with a heart rate - Versa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaKim said:

My Fitbit does not base my sleeping on whether I am moving.  Or at least not that alone.  It uses your heart-rate as part of that tracking.  Our heartrates slow and change pattern during sleep.

I feel like my Fitbit Blaze does a good job tracking my sleep.  I can look to see when I've gone into different sleep stages.  It also tells me how long I have been restless in my sleep (but still asleep) vs. having deep sleep. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VaKim said:

This is what I was afraid of. This was a problem the last time I tried this- but that was when fitbit first came out. I'm hoping they've gotten better. I ordered the Versa last night. I guess we'll see! The price difference was negligible, until you went up to the Versa 2. 

1 hour ago, TABmom said:

This is what I was afraid of. This was a problem the last time I tried this- but that was when fitbit first came out. I'm hoping they've gotten better. I ordered the Versa last night. I guess we'll see! The price difference was negligible, until you went up to the Versa 2. 

You have to get one of the heart rate ones - movement alone isn't going to be enough.  I have the Alta HR; it seems to give me decent data.  All of the HR ones seem to be decent  (I think the Alta and Versa both have models with and without HR monitoring, so you have to make sure you get the right one - not sure if the Inspire just has with HR or also one without)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matryoshka said:

You have to get one of the heart rate ones - movement alone isn't going to be enough.  I have the Alta HR; it seems to give me decent data.  All of the HR ones seem to be decent  (I think the Alta and Versa both have models with and without HR monitoring, so you have to make sure you get the right one - not sure if the Inspire just has with HR or also one without)

Even the Versa Lite (what I have) has the HR monitor. I just started using mine for sleep as it has a sleep mode now. I think it counts some time awake when I'm not awake but does decently.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My Fitbit does not base my sleeping on whether I am moving.  Or at least not that alone.  It uses your heart-rate as part of that tracking.  Our heartrates slow and change pattern during sleep.

I feel like my Fitbit Blaze does a good job tracking my sleep.  I can look to see when I've gone into different sleep stages.  It also tells me how long I have been restless in my sleep (but still asleep) vs. having deep sleep. 

Yeah, I have an older one that does not have the heart rate monitor. Haven't looked at the newer ones. 

• Like 1