Menu

Which gas stove do I want?

Ottakee

I am looking strongly at either of these 2 stoves 

Which one would you get?  I really wanted white as that is what my other appliances are.  The lower cost/lower feature one comes in white but not the higher cost one.   I think it used to as I had the higher prices stove at my last house and LOVED it  I used the griddle more than anything else in the world and it just wiped clean.  Just wondering if it is worth the $150 to get the steam clean and convection oven or not.  I do cook and bake quite a bit but I am not a fancy chef or baker or make anything super touchy,

I love my convection oven, but YMMV.  The thing I would look at is the oven capacity.  It looks like they're both the same.

I've been disappointed in my griddle function on my new gas range.  It takes nearly 10 mins to heat up and it's only warm in the center portion.  I'm really disappointed in that  function on my Samsung.  I can cook faster in my cast iron pan.  

9 minutes ago, PrincessMommy said:

I love my convection oven, but YMMV.  The thing I would look at is the oven capacity.  It looks like they're both the same.

I've been disappointed in my griddle function on my new gas range.  It takes nearly 10 mins to heat up and it's only warm in the center portion.  I'm really disappointed in that  function on my Samsung.  I can cook faster in my cast iron pan.  

This griddle heats up fast and is super easy to clean.  It is honestly the thing I miss most about my old house was having to leave that stove behind.  I had bought it only a year or so earlier and LOVED it.   I did notice the higher end one does have the bigger/faster boil burners.  Not sure if that is worth $150 or not.

I did find the higher end one in white but it is $1200....NOPE, not paying $550 more for white in the high end model

My choices are $500 for the lower end white or $650 for the higher end one in stainless steel.  What I WANT is the higher end one in white for $650 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, gardenmom5 said:

the adora is self-cleaning, the other one is manual cleaning.  to me, that's worth way more than $150 extra.

I am sorta leaning that way too as it also has the convection and as a high speed boil burner.

The issue is, I just bought a white dishwasher and I have a white over the stove microwave.  I have a white fridge picked out and was going to give my DD my smaller stainless steel one for her kitchenette.  that is why I wanted the white stove.  So if I get stainless (cheapest option in the higher end stove) then do I get a stainless fridge again or have all white except the stove?

Just now, Ottakee said:

I am sorta leaning that way too as it also has the convection and as a high speed boil burner.

The issue is, I just bought a white dishwasher and I have a white over the stove microwave.  I have a white fridge picked out and was going to give my DD my smaller stainless steel one for her kitchenette.  that is why I wanted the white stove.  So if I get stainless (cheapest option in the higher end stove) then do I get a stainless fridge again or have all white except the stove?

I feel your pain.

I had all white appliances.  now - only my range is white.  it's dual fuel, I'm not give it up unless it's dead.

• Like 2

gardenmom5 and I are like twins!  Self-cleaning all the way.  Dual fuel if you can swing it (gas cooktop and electric oven).  I don't care for white appliances, so the stainless would be my go-to, but I can totally understand your desire to have your appliances match, and white is always the least expensive option.  But, the self-cleaning feature is a must-have for me.  I will never, ever spray and gag and scrub an oven again as long as I live (I hope).

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Suzanne in ABQ said:

gardenmom5 and I are like twins!  Self-cleaning all the way.  Dual fuel if you can swing it (gas cooktop and electric oven).  I don't care for white appliances, so the stainless would be my go-to, but I can totally understand your desire to have your appliances match, and white is always the least expensive option.  But, the self-cleaning feature is a must-have for me.  I will never, ever spray and gag and scrub an oven again as long as I live (I hope).

But in this case white is $400 MORE than stainless.  Seriously.  

So do I get stainless stove and get new fridge in stainless or do I get stove in stainless but get white fridge to match microwave and dishwasher.   Had I known all of this I would have gotten stainless dishwasher.

1 hour ago, Ottakee said:

So do I get stainless stove and get new fridge in stainless or do I get stove in stainless but get white fridge to match microwave and dishwasher.   Had I known all of this I would have gotten stainless dishwasher.

depending upon dishwasher - you can buy stainless panels for dishwashers.

6 hours ago, Ottakee said:

I would get a stainless fridge to match.  I think the stove and refrigerator are much more noticeable than a dishwasher.  And a microwave is not super expensive so you can eventually replace it in stainless if the look bugs you too much.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Suzanne in ABQ said:

I was going to use my self clean feature on my stove the other day and something has happened to the sensor and the door won't lock so it won't work.  I am going to have to clean it the old fashioned way before we close on the sale....I am dreading it.  I am thinking of hiring it done!  But either way I can't leave it for the  new owners.

• Sad 1