Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Roadrunner

Can you recommend a dog harness?

12 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Plastic on poypet grand broke in two months. I have a 70 pound puppy. 

? What broke on what?

and harness for what purpose?

Lupine makes sturdy ones and they will replace if broken.  But my dog says they aren’t comfortable.

He much prefers his Eagloo brand harness. And it’s also lots easier on and off because it has two buckles.

I don’t know how sturdy it is because he walks nicely on leash without tugging.  We got it for a car seatbelt, but I have ended up using it on walks during deer hunt season for keeping him close and neon reflectivity. 

36 minutes ago, Pen said:

? What broke on what?

and harness for what purpose?

Lupine makes sturdy ones and they will replace if broken.  But my dog says they aren’t comfortable.

He much prefers his Eagloo brand harness. And it’s also lots easier on and off because it has two buckles.

I don’t know how sturdy it is because he walks nicely on leash without tugging.  We got it for a car seatbelt, but I have ended up using it on walks during deer hunt season for keeping him close and neon reflectivity. 

The plastic lock part that actually closes the harness broke so soon. He is mostly off leash here since we live in an area where he can enjoy being in the park without a leash, but we still put a harness on him just in case. 

I don’t know.  My dog’s Eagloo has a very similar design to Poypet.  (Looks so similar it makes me think they may be same harness with different branding.) But he’s an adult 70 pound dog, not a huge puppy.  

There are metal buckle harnesses.

• Like 1

We use this one: https://www.chewy.com/hdp-big-dog-no-pull-dog-harness/dp/148115?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=HDP&utm_term=&show-search=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuOrN5rnU5QIVWXZgCh0IuAkCEAQYASABEgLVwfD_BwE

But we don't clip the leash to it.  We only use it to restrain him when he's having a fit because of some other dog on the road (or the mail truck).  He weighs 130 pounds.

• Like 1

Ruffwear, Kurgo or Lupine

But if you like the Poypet you have you might try contacting the manufacturer and seeing if they'll send a replacement. It could be that you just got a dud.

• Like 1

Our pups wear the Lupine Roman style harness. (Actually, they have the whole, matching collar/harness/leash sets  because they hooked me with a Black Friday offer last year!) I believe they still offer the “replaced if broken or chewed- ever” guarantee, though we have never had to use it.

• Like 1