Menu

What to do with a day to myself? Hahaha!

PeterPan

The boys are gone for the day and I can do whatever I want!  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with a day for yourself?

• Go to IKEA!
    • Get your hair done and get a makeover at Ultra
    • Call up someone and do lunch
    • Go try unusual food trucks in the big city
    • Sit and watch movies
    • Sit on the WTM boards
    • Go back to bed
    • Start/finish your Christmas shopping
    • Clean three rooms in the house
    • Multi-task

That is a lot of choices! 
I would want to do several of those things, but in reality, I’d probably go back to bed and then lay around watching movies and shopping for Christmas online. Although, getting your hair done sounds lovely! And strolling through IKEA would be wonderful (we don’t live near one)!

Edited by sangtarah
Typo 🤪
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, alisoncooks said:

You need the option to choose multiples! I'd get my hair done in the morning, food trucks @ lunch (with a friend?), IKEA afterwards, then home to watch movies and scroll through the forum. 😉

There, see if I fixed it! And you know the total bummer is I JUST got my hair done a week ago and am not totally loving it. I got these sparkly pink glasses, and I think I need my hair to be as pizzazzy... 

• Like 1

I would sleep in. Then go to a movie. Then shop for myself, if I felt like it. Christmas shopping stressed me out, so I would save that for another day. I'd go to the library and read all of the magazines that I like but don't have subscriptions to, and I'd check out a few books (I always have something to read on hand, but it's fun to find new ones). I would also check out a DVD or two. I'd treat myself to a nice dinner and read while I was eating. Once I got home, I would either read or watch the DVD, or maybe both, depending on my mood. And I'd eat the luscious chocolate dessert that I picked up for myself on the way home.

This fantasy day would have to include my kids being away for the night, as well. Otherwise, my evening plans would look very different, with them in the house.

I would not try to do productive things, like house cleaning, or getting a haircut.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I voted go back to bed, then quick clean the house (to make me feel more productive), then sit and watch movies on my TV (and not my laptop like I normally do) all by myself. It would be nice to see them on a larger screen than my Macbook! 

Ooo, I know!! I could go to big stores and look at tvs! My dh has a tv in the basement, a pretty nice one, and I've been quietly pondering whether Jane Austen would look killer on say 65".  I mean, if I'm gonna buy one (for the main floor), it's gotta be bigger than his, right? :biggrin:

It would be visible from the front door, and the couch up here is this kind of formal, shallow, not too comfortable thing. But what do you think, garrishly huge tv anyway? lol

1 hour ago, Storygirl said:

I'd go to the library and read all of the magazines that I like but don't have subscriptions to,

Ooo, I like this! 

1 hour ago, Storygirl said:

I would not try to do productive things, like house cleaning, or getting a haircut.

Well it's true, cleaning may have been a mistake. I'm now tired and sore, so I'm going to use the Go to Bed option for a little bit. 

But I agree with you, I need to extend the joy through the evening! Lucious chocolate sounds about right. I had been planning split pea soup or eggs with asparagus and mushrooms. Somehow not the same, lol. But the day is young and I still have time!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

I love Christmas shopping so I might pick that.  

Yup, I cleaned till my back hurt, watched a few minutes of Good Doctor to let it rest, ate ice cream out of the carton with chocolate syrup (my luscious splurge), had a milkshake the boys brought me home, then went out for a walk and shopped for Christmas stuff till midnight! It was a good day! :biggrin:

Edited by PeterPan

9 hours ago, PeterPan said:

Yup, I cleaned till my back hurt, watched a few minutes of Good Doctor to let it rest, ate ice cream out of the carton with chocolate syrup (my luscious splurge), had a milkshake the boys brought me home, then went out for a walk and shopped for Christmas stuff till midnight! It was a good day! :biggrin:

Glad you updated! Sounds like a very good day; glad it lasted all the way to midnight!

• Thanks 1