Menu

Common App School Profile Questions

I have finally begun my Counselor section of the Common App, and of course, I am already hung up.  Under "School Profile" it asks me how many AP/IB/Honors courses are offered.  DD has 24 credits of dual enrollment, but there is no option to check for DE courses.  I offered her 2 honors courses (non-college level), but she has 24 DE credits.  Where do I indicate DE options?  Do they get included with honors?  The article below says it is important to "List DE (dual enrollment) classes and university classes as Honors if you have done so on the transcript. Make sure this list matches the transcript!".  However, I did not designate DE credits  as honors on the transcript; I designated them "Dual Enrollment".  What do I do here?

You are likely going to come across more of these questions -- stuff that really doesn't have a good answer for your situation because it is a question meant for the regular public or private schools.

I would either state that the student took the highest level of classes offered or I would mention the DE classes. Colleges are trying to see if the student took advantage of the most rigorous classes.

Think of the point of the question and answer it in that spirit. That's what I tried to do.

Edited by RootAnn
Just fixed multiple typos
  • Like 5