Menu

Character

LauraBeth475

I really liked this when mine were little...https://smile.amazon.com/Very-Mistakes-What-About-Them/dp/0784733600/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=small+group+solutions+for+kids&qid=1571858850&sr=8-1

It was great as a conversation starter. We didn’t always agree with the prompts or the examples but the discussion was always deep and meaningful.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 8:06 AM, 2_girls_mommy said:

I just recently picked up six units from Character First used from a consignment sale. I have no idea how to buy it. I found the website a little confusing when I looked at it, but my five year old really likes the lessons we've done with it. 

I came across that when I was searching, but it looks pretty pricey to buy new.  10-12 dollars a virtue

59 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

I came across that when I was searching, but it looks pretty pricey to buy new.  10-12 dollars a virtue

Too bad. It's really good! I had trouble with the website trying to find the extra free coloring sheets to print and gave up. I found it confusing so never looked at the price of purchasing more. Guess we'll just enjoy the units we got. 

I picked up a used copy of Using Picture Storybooks to Teach Character Education by Susan Hall on Amazon a few years ago for $5. It covers about 20 character traits, listing and summarizing books that deal with each one. It also summarizes how each book explores the specific trait it's been selected to teach. There's also a section in the back that ties each book to subjects and historical time periods. Well worth the $5!

• Like 3