Menu

Vacationing in Branson MO

queenie

The butterfly Palace is awesome. We also really liked the Toy museum. If you haven't gotten a place to stay, the Diamond resorts complex also does nightly rentals, as well as timeshares, and gave us a lot more space for about the same as a hotel room. 

The good thing about going to Branson in February is that you'll miss the horrid traffic. The bad thing is that some/many places will be closed or have reduced hours. Silver Dollar City will be closed.

Here are some suggestions:

• Dixie Stampede (Dinner show that is fun for all ages...you or one of your kids may get picked to participate too. My husband and I were picked once.)
  • Sight and Sound Theatres (Typically, wonderful! However, I think Samson will still be playing then, which is their weakest production, IMO. Come back for Noah, Joseph, or Jonah.)
  • Talking Rocks Cavern (Read up before going. May not work for your family. Marvel Cave is inside Silver Dollar City and will be closed.)
  • Lambert's Cafe (Down the road toward Springfield. Worth the drive, if you like homemade rolls and country food.)
  • Wonders of Wildlife National Museum & Aquarium (Also in Springfield. Opened this year. It's a little overpriced but pretty darn nice for rural Missouri. Maybe skip it, if you've been to Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, though. It's owned by the owner of Bass Pro and is connected to the big Bass Pro in Springfield.)
Edited by pitterpatter

OP, you should be able to get condo/house fairly cheaply in February via VRBO or similar. It is quite a bit more affordable to eat in most of the time. Roomier too.

Out of curiosity, what state/region are you coming from? I only ask because Missouri has brown recluse spiders. Rarely do we fail to find one in our condos, cabins, and even some hotels when traveling within Missouri (beneath couches, behind nightstands, in bathrooms). I live in Missouri. We have the darn things in our house. We always hope to get a break from them when traveling, but we rarely do in Missouri. (They are a lot less active in the winter.) Love traveling in Florida, though. Lol. Just wanted to give you a heads up...in case you are coming from a non-brown recluse state.

On 10/22/2019 at 8:28 AM, dmmetler said:

The butterfly Palace is awesome. We also really liked the Toy museum. If you haven't gotten a place to stay, the Diamond resorts complex also does nightly rentals, as well as timeshares, and gave us a lot more space for about the same as a hotel room.