Menu
Jump to content

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Ann.without.an.e

DS had moldy chocolate sauce...

Recommended Posts

We have one of those pumps of chocolate sauce by our coffee maker.  Youngest DS made hot chocolate this morning with it.  He was drinking it and then he noticed green floating in it.  I pulled up the pump wand and it was completely moldy.  Green yucky mold.  No idea how this happened. It isn't supposed to need refrigeration.  I gave him three activated charcoal tablets and made him drink water.  

The worst that could happen is an upset stomach right? Other things are rare and not likely?  Gross but not dangerous? 😑

Edited by Attolia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure he’s fine. Not to skeeve you out, but he’s probably ingested that mold previously. You just hadn’t noticed it yet. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ewww!!! Aren't you supposed to refrigerate chocolate sauce? 

I've been seeing people on FB who are making and canning their own chocolate sauce. They'll even do flavors like coffee. It's on my hit list to try this fall as Christmas presents...

As far as his stomach, I wouldn't worry. The pump drew from the bottom and the mold was floating on the top, right? LOL Give him a probiotic to be safe, sure.

Edited by PeterPan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...