Menu

What's with the ads?

I have a friend whose son was diagnosed adhd/pdd-nos- and it became schizophrenia.  He stopped going places, (he'd come here), because he doesn't know if something is real or a delusion.  so, if he's in his own place - he knows if something moved, it's because he moved it.

• Like 1

I have one that has a full bipolar diagnosis and one with a mood disorder nos diagnosis.

Irritability, mood swings, quick anger, mood swings, felt like walking on eggshells, hyper active behavior, etc.

• Like 1

I had a friend like that.  I think pressures of college, not eating or sleeping well , etc, shifted her from “ adhd” to “bipolar”...     or maybe college stage introduced a depression phase which had bee absent beforehand 

• Like 1

Have you joined the supporting parents of teens 17 and up and young adults group? 

There is also a private group for parents of kids with mental health struggles.

• Like 1

A young friends of mine was diagnosed with bipolar around age twenty, after having a variety of diagnoses through his teens.

One thing to keep in mind is that mental health diagnoses are basically baskets to catch clusters of symptoms--not a diagnosis of underlying cause. A person can have symptoms that fit in the ADHD basket while the underlying causes do not match those of someone else whose symptoms also fit in the ADHD basket. And having symptoms that fit into several baskets is not at all uncommon.

• Thanks 1

Nm

Im a mess right now, I’m really sorry I’m not making sense.  I’ll delete everything. Just keep us in your thoughts and prayers, please. 

I didn’t see your posts, but I’m sending thoughts and prayers. I’m so sorry you’re going through this.

• Thanks 1