Menu

Do you keep pumpkin pie on the counter??

BMW

Like you, I need to leave it out - the fridge is too full of other food.

But this practice is also very, very dangerous. The danger is that, because I make the pie the day before, it is out there in plain sight, tempting us, for 24 hours. And my DH (and me, I confess) start thinking that testing one little sliver will be okay. Well, maybe just another little sliver. And then....well, you get the idea. By evening of Thanksgiving, the pie looks...half-eaten. Our DSs stare at it and say, "Who ate pie before we did????" And then they demand extra whipping cream, to make up. And we, guilty as we are, give it to them. After all, we got more of the good part!

Consider yourself warned.

It could, I suppose; I've seen less safe food handling during the holidays than that. But w/all the milk in it, it might get runny. I probably wouldn't do it for an entire 24 hour period. How cold is it outside where you live? Can you just set it outside??

After thinking about this, I am sure there are very logical places to put this outside, but my first thought was: :001_huh: as I am picturing it sitting on the back porch cement with ants and bugs crawling all over it. :lol::lol::lol: