Menu

Anyone done meat delivery?

Farrar

I keep seeing the ads for Butcher Box and a couple of others. Anyone tried them? Worth it? Not worth it? 

Honestly, buying meat at the store is my least favorite thing. The quality is cruddy at the Giant and the Safeway. It's fine at the Trader Joe's, but I don't tend to shop there as much. Also fine at the Costco, but then I have to portion it all up to freeze some, which I don't enjoy, though really it's a minor annoyance.

Listening in...

I saw a few negative reviews re: temp of meat at delivery, last year when I looked into them.  I have come to realize that no matter what the product, there are always going to be those scary, negative reviews.  (scary b/c food safety is a big concern of mine)  There is probably little validity to the complaints, or they were special circumstances, etc.  Thanks for bringing this up, I would like to do this, too.

• Like 1

...goodness!  That was a lot of money!!  😁

But, I just rushed to order right away, because you get a few free items & free shipping for life if you place your order within a quick time frame.  

I have been meaning to try it, thanks for the reminder.  Ordered the bacon as @itsheresomewhere's friend suggests, and pleased that my IP baby back ribs will be a monthly staple since my box will likely not change each month, and I made sure to add them in.

• Like 2