Menu

Common App Virgin Questions :)

Reefgazer

There is a place on the CA for us to enter DD's class rank.  Should I put "1 of 1", or leave it as "not ranked"? 

where/how do we invite a counselor to upload their recommendations and school profile?

Does the transcript get uploaded by their guidance counselor under their section, or elsewhere?

Do outside dual enrollment transcripts get directly sent from the colleges, or do they somehow get uploaded onto the common app?

Edited by Reefgazer

40 minutes ago, Reefgazer said:

There is a place on the CA for us to enter DD's class rank.  Should I put "1 of 1", or leave it as "not ranked"? 

where/how do we invite a counselor to upload their recommendations and school profile?

Does the transcript get uploaded by their guidance counselor under their section, or elsewhere?

Do outside dual enrollment transcripts get directly sent from the colleges, or do they somehow get uploaded onto the common app?

We did not ranked.

If you go under recommenders & FERPA  in the student account there is a place to invite a school counselor.  Then you will create an account as a counselor to do that end of it.

The transcript is uploaded by the counselor.

Last year there was no place to include additional transcripts.  We had official ones sent from the dual enroll CC last year.  Maybe someone can correct me if it's different now.

• Like 1

You can do 1/1 if you want. We did what @FuzzyCatz did.

DD had her college transcript sent directly to schools that wanted to see them upon application. (I have heard of some that don't want them sent unless you decide to attend. DD's all wanted them.) You (the counselor) can upload an unofficial one in a transcript slot, but we figured you'd have to send an official one anyway....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reefgazer said:

I put down 1 of 1.  

For outside enrollment, I requested transcripts sent directly to my daughter, electronically as a pdf.  Then I appended them into one big pdf document and then uploaded that separately from my own transcript, which includes all her classes, including the enrollment ones.  

Later, after my daughter chose her college to enroll, I had official transcripts from CC sent directly to just that one college.  

• Like 2

I did not rank because some use the rank to weigh how competitive the school is. Someone ranked 1/1000 is higher than someone ranked 1/500 and a rank of 1/1 can be interpreted to be the same as 500/500

for transcripts you can upload more than 1. You choose from a menu how many documents and then other slots will expand. I uploaded my transcript, a college dual enrolled transcript and then course descriptions in that folder. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lilaclady said:

I did not rank because some use the rank to weigh how competitive the school is. Someone ranked 1/1000 is higher than someone ranked 1/500 and a rank of 1/1 can be interpreted to be the same as 500/500

for transcripts you can upload more than 1. You choose from a menu how many documents and then other slots will expand. I uploaded my transcript, a college dual enrolled transcript and then course descriptions in that folder. 

Off topic, but I attached my course descriptions to the unofficial transcripts I sent in on dd's Questbridge application. I didn't see a separate place there. 

So thanks for sharing how you did this. I think I'll separate for common app. 

Edited by 2_girls_mommy
  • Like 1