Jump to content

Menu

prayers/good thoughts needed, baby related


Recommended Posts

Hey all, I could use some prayers and good thoughts right now. My midwife I sending me to the hospital to be monitored for preeclampsia because of alarmingly high blood pressures at my appointment. I have been down this road before with my oldest but preeclampsia didn't occur until I was already full term. Right now I'm only 22 weeks or so, so it is a lot scarier for me than before. 

I've also had preeclampsia scares with other pregnancies so I'm trying to stay positive a believe that this is just a fluke. But any prayers would be appreciated. Thanks

  • Sad 16
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hugs and prayers. I know that's scary. 

 

Hopefully it is either just gestational hypertension or chronic hypertension (since you're so early, it is possible it's unmasked chronic hypertension, especially if you had any elevated BPs before 20 weeks). 

 

How high are you running? Do you have an MFM on your team at all?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, happypamama said:

Hugs and prayers. I know that's scary. 

 

Hopefully it is either just gestational hypertension or chronic hypertension (since you're so early, it is possible it's unmasked chronic hypertension, especially if you had any elevated BPs before 20 weeks). 

 

How high are you running? Do you have an MFM on your team at all?

I haven't had any high readings until today and I monitor every few days at home because I've had issues during pregnancy before. Highest today was 150/98 I believe. No protein in urine. I have had a headache all day, no blurry vision or swelling.  

They put me on blood pressure meds and will be monitoring me closely this pregnancy. I do have a MFM on my team thankfully. 

I couldn't help thinking about your experience when they told me they were sending me to be monitored. Your guy was in the NICU a few weeks before my youngest was born and rushed to the NICU for different complications. I really appreciate you taking the time to post. Thank you.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all. For now, I'm being sent home on blood pressure medicine and monitored closely going forward. My Dr happened to be on duty at the hospital so it was nice to actually have him in the room with me being the one working directly with the nurses. Rather than it all being over the phone.

I got an ultrasound at the hospital to check babies growth, placenta health, etc. But will get a more thorough one in the morning which will be nice. 

  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

I haven't had any high readings until today and I monitor every few days at home because I've had issues during pregnancy before. Highest today was 150/98 I believe. No protein in urine. I have had a headache all day, no blurry vision or swelling.  

They put me on blood pressure meds and will be monitoring me closely this pregnancy. I do have a MFM on my team thankfully. 

I couldn't help thinking about your experience when they told me they were sending me to be monitored. Your guy was in the NICU a few weeks before my youngest was born and rushed to the NICU for different complications. I really appreciate you taking the time to post. Thank you.

Hugs -- I remember that. Hopefully this is a very different situation. It sounds like it may qualify as gestational hypertension (BP over 140/90 after 20w but without the second symptom to be PE).  Did they run labs or start a 24 hour urine? Those will tell them more, so if they haven't done those, you can ask if they would be helpful. I hope the headache goes away, but yay for no blurry vision or swelling! Based on my time modding a huge PE Facebook group (and PM me if you're interested in joining), it sounds like you are in good hands and being watched well. Many hugs!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, happypamama said:

Hugs -- I remember that. Hopefully this is a very different situation. It sounds like it may qualify as gestational hypertension (BP over 140/90 after 20w but without the second symptom to be PE).  Did they run labs or start a 24 hour urine? Those will tell them more, so if they haven't done those, you can ask if they would be helpful. I hope the headache goes away, but yay for no blurry vision or swelling! Based on my time modding a huge PE Facebook group (and PM me if you're interested in joining), it sounds like you are in good hands and being watched well. Many hugs!

They did start lab work but released me from the hospital before results came back because my blood pressure started going down prior to be meds, although not low enough to not warrant the meds.  They mentioned a 24 hr urine as a possibility for the future if other indications arise.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

They did start lab work but released me from the hospital before results came back because my blood pressure started going down prior to be meds, although not low enough to not warrant the meds.  They mentioned a 24 hr urine as a possibility for the future if other indications arise.

That's perfect!

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

I haven't had any high readings until today and I monitor every few days at home because I've had issues during pregnancy before. Highest today was 150/98 I believe. No protein in urine. I have had a headache all day, no blurry vision or swelling.  

They put me on blood pressure meds and will be monitoring me closely this pregnancy. I do have a MFM on my team thankfully. 

I couldn't help thinking about your experience when they told me they were sending me to be monitored. Your guy was in the NICU a few weeks before my youngest was born and rushed to the NICU for different complications. I really appreciate you taking the time to post. Thank you.

 

Just to offer some reassurance:  I developed pre-eclampsia at 25 weeks - monster headache, blood pressure 160/120, protein in urine.  With bed rest, I made it to the 36 week mark before they induced me.  My son was under 6 pounds, but perfectly healthy in every way.  We went home from  the hospital two days after his birth.  He is now a 6 ft 23 year old.

Hugs and prayers for you and your baby.  

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Hugs hugs hugs!  That’s why I’m on with an MFM too.  Hopefully it’s just unmasked hypertension and not PE, but if it is please join us on the Facebook group mentioned - they’re a wealth of knowledge and support.

 

It appears to just be hypertension but I may join the group later in pregnancy since I've never had support through my pre eclampsia. Dh reminded.me yesterday that I actually had it twice, not once like I thought. I remembered having it withy oldest but had forgotten that it developed two days after my youngest was born. I guess I was too worried about him in the NICU to give it much thought other than to just trust the docs were handling it.

I'm not expecting this pregnancy to be one of my easy ones so developing PE later in pregnancy feels like a given to me.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

Just checking in to see how you’re doing today. I hope all is well!

 

4 hours ago, Scarlett said:

How are you today?

 

Better. Blood pressure is still high but I've started bp meds so hoping that'll bring it down. Ultrasound has baby measuring a week and a half smaller than I should be so they'll be doing regular growth checks.  I'll be getting a much more thorough ultrasound soon. 

Found out we're having a girl!!

  • Like 23
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 5:55 PM, happypamama said:

Hugs -- I remember that. Hopefully this is a very different situation. It sounds like it may qualify as gestational hypertension (BP over 140/90 after 20w but without the second symptom to be PE).  Did they run labs or start a 24 hour urine? Those will tell them more, so if they haven't done those, you can ask if they would be helpful. I hope the headache goes away, but yay for no blurry vision or swelling! Based on my time modding a huge PE Facebook group (and PM me if you're interested in joining), it sounds like you are in good hands and being watched well. Many hugs!

I had this the last several pregnancies. Never had pre-E, no protein in urine, no other symptoms, bloodwork was great, etc. Baby always grew well, and with close monitoring I went to 41-42 weeks each time. It never got worse, just stayed like that, then stayed like that for several weeks after birth. And then I go back to my normal again. 

Deep water submersion seemed to help a lot - I actually joined a gym specifically for the heated pool so I could be chest deep in water daily. There is some good evidence that hydrotherapy lowers blood pressure and it definitely helped me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...