Menu

What's with the ads?

Æthelthryth the Texan

Super moisturizing eye cream

What is your favorite extra-moisturizing eye cream? My brands I love for all other skin care are leaving me non-plussed with their eye cream lines. Right now I'm just slathering my regular moisturizers across my eyes as well, but I think they need a little more right now. So hit me with your favorites that work! 

Lancome.  It's amazing.  I never buy it; I wait for the lipsticks to go on 'gift with purchase' sale.  Then I buy them and get some.  A dab ll do ya!  Very concentrated.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

For nighttime? Vaseline.

I've tried that, but it end up all over my face by the morning and the rest of my face can not handle heavy moisturizer. It's still on the oilier side. Tips for keeping it off the rest of my face besides sleeping like a statue, LOL?  

2 minutes ago, Carol in Cal. said:

Lancome.  It's amazing.  I never buy it; I wait for the lipsticks to go on 'gift with purchase' sale.  Then I buy them and get some.  A dab ll do ya!  Very concentrated.

Which one? They have a bunch! 

• Like 1

I don't use many products.  What's does eye cream do for you?  Eye lids or under the eye?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I've tried that, but it end up all over my face by the morning and the rest of my face can not handle heavy moisturizer. It's still on the oilier side. Tips for keeping it off the rest of my face besides sleeping like a statue, LOL?  

Nope, no tips. Sorry. I don't think I've ever had it do that. I just rub it on my eyes and lips before bed.

• Like 1

I use CeraVe from the tub under my eyes.  I have sensitive skin and can't use anything with fragrance, and this works well for me.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, klmama said:

I don't use many products.  What's does eye cream do for you?  Eye lids or under the eye?

The skin under our eyes is very thin and doesn't produce oil, so keeping this skin extra hydrated helps keep the wrinkles at bay.  Or that is what I tell myself!  I just use under my eyes, not eye lids.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, klmama said:

1 hour ago, LuvToRead said:

The skin under our eyes is very thin and doesn't produce oil, so keeping this skin extra hydrated helps keep the wrinkles at bay.  Or that is what I tell myself!  I just use under my eyes, not eye lids.  

Yes this. My under eye and eyelid both need it. I use high acid products on my face to keep things plump and smooth, but they do still manages to get a bit toward the eye area, even though I avoid my eye area when applying  (through sleep or spreading foundation or whatever a bit seems to seep over). And I’m finding some of the ones I’ve tried just burn the tar out of that thin skin there and almost dry it out worse. 

I won’t do injections or plastic surgery (at least that’s what I’ve told myself the last 15 years and have no intention to cave) but I do avail myself to the magic the chemistry cosmetics and pharma-cosmetic industry has to offer!! 

Edited by Æthelthryth the Texan

6 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Yes this. My under eye and eyelid both need it. I use high acid products on my face to keep things plump and smooth, but they do still manages to get a bit toward the eye area, even though I avoid my eye area when applying  (through sleep or spreading foundation or whatever a bit seems to seep over). And I’m finding some of the ones I’ve tried just burn the tar out of that thin skin there and almost dry it out worse. 

I won’t do injections or plastic surgery (at least that’s what I’ve told myself the last 15 years and have no intention to cave) but I do avail myself to the magic the chemistry cosmetics and pharma-cosmetic industry has to offer!! 

I would honestly avoid the Lancome ones mentioned above.  From what I can tell they all contain fragrance, as well as alcohol denat near the top of the ingredient lists.  Fragrance is a major trigger for me, and it could be an issue for you as well.   I know Lancome is a good brand and works great for some people.  I love their mascara, just not their skin care.  

• Like 1