Menu

Please help me find a new Writing/Literature grade 9

Help! I'm currently using EIW9/EIL9 and it's not working for me or my DS. I can't figure out how to grade them because I don't have enough experience myself in writing or literature. Is there something out there that will walk us through a little better? 

Edited by Mom28kds

My daughter is just in 8th grade but I’m using Lantern English online (really it's email correspondence with the instructor). The courses she’s doing this year are the 7th-9th grade level. She’s finishing up Essay Writing and I just enrolled her in Poetry for next quarter which starts at the end of the month. They are very affordable at $60 a quarter. The instructor emails her the lesson and assignments for the week and grades her work based on a rubric and offers feedback. It is really the perfect amount of hand-holding for us and i love having someone else give her feedback on her writing. I’m planning to also have her do the fiction literature course and intro to creative writing next semester. 

7 minutes ago, kristin0713 said:

My daughter is just in 8th grade but I’m using Lantern English online (really it's email correspondence with the instructor). The courses she’s doing this year are the 7th-9th grade level. She’s finishing up Essay Writing and I just enrolled her in Poetry for next quarter which starts at the end of the month. They are very affordable at $60 a quarter. The instructor emails her the lesson and assignments for the week and grades her work based on a rubric and offers feedback. It is really the perfect amount of hand-holding for us and i love having someone else give her feedback on her writing. I’m planning to also have her do the fiction literature course and intro to creative writing next semester. 

Thank you! I’ll check it out 😊