Menu

Is there anywhere I can watch House Hunters online?

Ginevra

Probably a very silly question. 🤔 I really want to quit our satellite TV. I think of other things I don’t or reluctantly do pay for every month that brings waaaaaay more usefulness/enjoyment than TV. We almost totally watch only: HGTV, Food TV, and two news stations dh watches. I find watching news totally unnecessary now and I get news from apps, email subscriptions, radio and other sources (like here). 

Im not sure how I could get a food show equivalent. And I don’t know about HGTV. 

Recs welcome. 

7 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

HGTV is one of the channels you can get with a HULU subscription. It's not free, though. I think it's around $45.00 a month.

None of these are online but...

We signed up for Hulu last Black Friday (weekend?) for 99 cents a month. If you are interested and can wait a few weeks, maybe Hulu will run the same offer. 

My children pay for Spotify and get Hulu free w/ it. I don't know if that offer is still good, though. 

Lastly, maybe on Roku???

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Angie in VA said:

None of these are online but...

We signed up for Hulu last Black Friday (weekend?) for 99 cents a month. If you are interested and can wait a few weeks, maybe Hulu will run the same offer. 

My children pay for Spotify and get Hulu free w/ it. I don't know if that offer is still good, though. 

Lastly, maybe on Roku???

I could try that. My son has Spotify, so I wonder if he has Hulu as well. 

We don’t have a good internet situation where I live, though, and I have not wanted to sign up for Hulu in case it doesn’t work. We have no cable access, so we have a MiFi hotspot unit for internet. Plus internal data on our devices. 

YouTube has an endless supply of House Hunters episodes.

I cut the cord years ago and if you look at TLC, NBC, ABC, Food Network etc you can get tons of free tv.

I forgot to add www.dailymotion.com

Really good for Below Deck (bravo) and 90 Day Fiancé (TLC) My guilty pleasures!

Edited by gingersmom
  • Thanks 2

If your internet is that crappy it won't be worth it to cut the cord.

If you can upgrade your internet it might be.  There are online cable options you can stream that include HGTV & Food network.  Look into Sling and YouTube.

Both channels also have their own roku apps and seem to be slowly moving towards providing more free content (with commercials), but it's still limited to the earliest seasons of most shows.  In a few years it might be different.

• Like 1