Menu

Birthday gift ideas for son's fiancee??

AFwife Claire

I am so, so bad at figuring out gifts.  Totally not my love language at all, and yet, I have so many people in my life to buy gifts for, and more people are coming in all the time!

My oldest son's fiancee's birthday is next week, and I really would like to get her a little something, along with a card.  She's such a wonderful person, and I want her to know how happy we are that our son is marrying her!  She is in VA at the same university as our son, so I don't know her particularly well, or any particular needs she might have, etc.  The wedding will be in the spring, and I also have to get her a Christmas present, so I just really want something sweet and little right now that says, "We're thinking about you".  Last Christmas (before engagement) I got her some really great fuzzy slipper socks and lotion/body wash from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I don't have any more ideas now though!

She is a cello performance major (she's so amazing!), and she enjoys hiking and outdoors stuff with my son.  But I don't know what she has or needs in those areas.

Any ideas? I would be so grateful!

When I was in college and in my early 20s I really loved gift cards to restaurants, because I really enjoy going out to eat but didn't have the budget to do it very often. Actually, I still love restaurant gift cards! 

It's a gift that's supportive of their relationship, too.

Amy

• Like 3

Well...I would do something like this if it were me -- because I can keep adding to the gift easily over time.  This would only work if she likes jewelry.

I would do something like a Pandora bracelet and one charm for her birthday (or start at Christmas or on their wedding day).  Then you can add charms over time that mean something. 

• Like 2

Good wool hiking socks in a cute pattern? These are not cheap--two pair from REI could set you back 40 bucks. Earrings? Is she Christian? You could get a nice prayer journal. 

Maybe a cute but nice quality rosin? A music charm for her case? A new tuner? An art piece from Etsy that is cello-related? 

I also pmd you with a question.

il_570xN.1788522428_pim5.jpg

il_fullxfull.1413763801_j4ez.jpg

Edited by Chris in VA
  • Like 5

When our daughters were in college, gift cards to favorite food places was always a hit. As far as jewelry, some people wear it, others don’t. I’d ask your son about that before I’d buy anything. If she’s a string player, how about a gift card to a music store to help with the cost of new strings for her cello. You are kind to think of her🌺

• Like 2

College student? Food of some kind, lol. Either a gift card or actual food. 

It sounds like you're sending it to her? Amazon has some pre-done variety boxes that might do the trick, search 'snack boxes.' If ds can verify that she likes chocolate, they  have many choices for that as well, assortment boxes and gift baskets. 

Restaurant gift cards, or a movie gift card if you know they go the movies.