Menu

Accountability Thread 10/13-10/19

Morning. It's not a great morning here. I'm in a really bad mood, and it's quite likely to continue this week. Very busy week here and out of the house, and I'm trying to get as much done as I can in the next few days in just about every area because I know that with me out of commission on Friday and working on Saturday, I'll be lucky if anyone has clothes to wear on Sunday, or food to eat on either of those days. Meaning me--and while I can handle the lack of clothes, the lack of food won't help my mood.

Today, I have a play to go to, and I need to get these school schedules done in exactly one hour. And hope my clothes are actually dry by then. It's not an auspicious start to the week.

• Like 1

Good Morning, 

Today we are going to the Renaissance Fair. So field trip. 

I found out they offer a free educational walking tour, but at 6 I'm not sure that would be anything she would pay attention too. She wants fairy wings, face paint, go to see the fairies and the mermaids, ride the rides, jousting and eat sugar.

A few days ago I gave her a brief overview of the Renaissance. 

Its definitely going to be exercise and being in the great outdoors.

On the other hand, Dad would be giving her a history lessons himself for he LOVES the RenFaire. That would be something she would pay attention too for its Daddy's thing. She loves lots of things Dad does.

• Like 2

Morning! The play was good. I'm considering season passes next year to the theater, they have so many good plays coming up next year! 

Today I have multiple chapters to revise in two stories, an emotion class module to listen to, and some cleaning to get through. Lots to do. Fortifying with caffeine for the busy day ahead. The boys have a full schedule this week, and I just got done rescheduling one appointment so that we could have a full four days to work this week. 

• Like 1

Afternoon! I got busy. Boys are almost done with school. One is finishing up his Geology at the moment. Dinner has been cooked, all except for the mashed potatoes, and I'm considering making those smashed potatoes instead, because those are easier and more acceptable to the boys who won't eat mashed potatoes at all. But given that they like ketchup on smashed potatoes, and I'm all out of ketchup, I might just mash the potatoes and ignore the complaints.

I finished listening to a few modules in my course on emotions in fiction, and as usual, came away feeling like a heartless monster because so few of the examples made me feel anything but a sense that everything was too wordy, and I didn't have a good sense of what events had occurred to precipitate the emotions. That's all to the good, because it lets me know that I simply must make sure I 1) keep my emotions in fiction tight and pointed, and 2) Be sure that the events are clear and understandable so they connect well to the emotions I'm showing via the character. So a useful exercise, even if it made me feel very bad about my own inability to react emotionally.

Revising all afternoon. It's rainy. A good day to write.

• Like 1

Morning, all!   Critterfixer, that's a lot going on.  Plus, there are definite drawbacks to the continuous-improvement-model of doing anything -- benefits, too, of course, but opening oneself up to Opinions on How Things are Done is always a mixed bag.  So glad that you made the exercise useful to you.  I bet they DID use too many words.  😉 

this week I am trying not to get really sick with whatever bug is flirting with me and I am cleaning out our main, upstairs space (our house is on a hill, the main floor is upstairs and the bedrooms all below looking out on the side that isn't underground).  DH is traveling a lot this fall and the mess just builds up when he's gone.  So it is language & piano for the boys this week, clean clean + exercise for me. 

• Like 1

Afternoon again! Boys are almost done with school. I've offered the lake as an incentive this afternoon. I have been revising all morning, and have more to do this evening. I'm also supposed to do a sketch of something wild, so perhaps I'll find inspiration for that while enjoying the nice weather.

I finished one revision today, and am about ready to crack open the new project. Still have one more novel to finish revisions on before November and NaNoWriMo hits.

• Like 1

Morning! Revisions planned, and the boys are doing a full day of school as tomorrow I have endoscopy and I don't think I'm going to be very functional for most of Friday. I've got a first chapter rewrite to do today, and that's going to be interesting. I haven't rewritten that chapter in a while. I'm supposed to pick a new entry place, further in, cut back on world details, and see if I can't get into action faster than the first one, while still capturing all the voice, world, and interiority I have in the extended version. Fun times.

Other than that, I'm going to try to make sure all the laundry, dishes, and cooking gets done today.

• Like 1

Afternoon.  Today DH is traveling, am still working on cleaning and minimal school for boys -- languages (just one most days for younger, but that's okay), memory and piano. 

So: work on clutter today as well as the school-related cleaning -- the rest of the house has gotten chaotic whilst I focus on the school materials -- and hit the garden, wash the car.  Feed everybody, exercise, plan meals & draft the weekend.  Try to plan a trip to the paint store to get samples for our kitchen cabinets, and some houseplants from the nursery for DH's study. 

Critterfixer, hoping you came out of anesthesia easily and are doing well. 

• Like 1

Today: keep on with cleaning out homeschool stuff, and move on to organizing stuff for the next term, the next set of content (Early Modern/Chemistry stuff), and make plans for improving our homeschool storage.  Prep for the rest of the term, for the next week, get exercise, make dinner, clean living room, actually get by the paint store today. 

• Like 1