Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Æthelthryth the Texan

Breaking Bad- El Camino!

Today's the day!! I'm so excited to watch tonight after we get the kids to bed. Anyone else watching this weekend? No spoilers yet please! I hope this lives up to the series. I honestly feel like BB ruined most other TV for me, LOL. I've really struggled to find others I enjoy as much since. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow - I didn't even know this was a thing.  

But I LOVED BB.  It was a show that I had to keep watching until 2 am completely rapt on my iPad in the dark.  Amazing story line, actors, and production work.  Thanks for the recommendation!  I can't believe I didn't know about it!

• Like 2

What?!? Off to google!

BB is one of the top five best tv shows ever made, IMHO. Unbelievably high quality in every way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

What are your other top 4? 😀

LOL. I don't have a definitive list. Breaking Bad and Firefly are for sure in the top five. Breaking Bad might be number one. Supernatural and Veronica Mars would make the top ten. 🙂

Not sure when DH and I will watch El Camino, but I am PSYCHED. 

• Like 1

Watched it last night, too. My response was "That was satisfactory." Not outstanding but really brought closure, and I am glad I watched it. 

Won't spoil anything for anyone else. 

• Like 2

They did a pretty good job of making it feel like a long episode of BB. When other shows do this sort of thing, I always feel like they try too hard to squeeze as much into it as possible in order to cater to the people who haven't seen even one episode.

I thought it was a good way to wrap up Jesse's story.

• Like 3

We watched it last night, too. We decided to watch the finale again as prep and I'm glad we did (even though the recap was helpful, too). A friend of mine once said that BB should have been titled, "Poor Jesse" and I found myself pretty sad for him at so many points in El Camino. I enjoyed it and am glad that they created it. And YES! to Plum's comment of them managing to make it very cohesive with the show. Bravo to that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lmrich said:

Watched it last night, too. My response was "That was satisfactory." Not outstanding but really brought closure, and I am glad I watched it. 

Won't spoil anything for anyone else. 

That pretty much sums up my feelings. I think I had overly high expectations maybe. 

I really, really liked it. You Pretty much knew how it would end, and there weren’t too many other ways it could have happened. I tried to watch BB last year and got too depressed thinking about poor Jessie, so now it’ll be a good time to begin them again.

Edited by Dotwithaperiod
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dotwithaperiod said:

I really, really liked it. You Pretty much knew how it would end, and there weren’t too many other ways it could have happened. I tried to watch BB last year and got too depressed thinking about poor Jessie, so now it’ll be a good time to begin them again.

Yeaah, hat last season of BB is brutal. I was glad El Camino didn't dwell on all the assumptions of what happened to him while he was in captivity.

I typically like to watch seasons 1-3 and then I sort of taper off. I think there was more humor in those first seasons- or totally insane situations you could laugh at. I think the Gus Fring plot is brilliant, but wow is it intense. Once they brought in the Nazi Dudes though, it just went super dark. I did rewatch season 5 right when I heard El Camino was coming out, but I think it will be a long time before I watch any of the last season again. 

Okay I’ve never watched Breaking Bad, it just looked icky and unrelentingly dark.  I’m curious as to why it is so loved?  Is this a GoT/Lost thing where you just get into it regardless of the premise and grit?

10 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Okay I’ve never watched Breaking Bad, it just looked icky and unrelentingly dark.  I’m curious as to why it is so loved?  Is this a GoT/Lost thing where you just get into it regardless of the premise and grit?

We thought the same thing. The characters and writing is so much better than anything out there. My son keeps telling me to watch Ozark and I can’t bring myself to watch it. There’s only so many dark shows I can take, but BB is worth ruining other dark shows for me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

I couldn't do GoT. It was way too out there for me with the perverse sex stuff and violence from the get go. I didn't even make it to the second episode iirc. 

Breaking Bad has some of the best character development I've ever seen. It has intense scenes as well interspersed and everything is just so well built. Every time you think the characters and the plot are going one way, something else happens. It's just got such an amazing dynamic all around. 

Oh and it definitely does not glorify drugs. Dd's got some friends whose parents will not let them watch it because of that. If anything I think it's the most anti-drug show of all time. 

But if you do watch it, do not jump in El Camino. Watch the series first. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Plum said:

We thought the same thing. The characters and writing is so much better than anything out there. My son keeps telling me to watch Ozark and I can’t bring myself to watch it. There’s only so many dark shows I can take, but BB is worth ruining other dark shows for me.  

And yes! The writing is brilliant. There is no cheesy scripting. I absolutely hate stupid dialogue, which seems the norm anymore- seems like lately most shows just use special effects and super action and people over look that. BB is the opposite of that. 

I will say that Yellowstone (which we haven't finished the latest season yet) is one of the closer things to BB as far as well developed characters and driving plot that I've seen since. It's not exactly on the same level, but it's the first thing I've been compelled to watch in a long time. 

• Like 1