Menu

What's with the ads?

CuriousMomof3

ACT Special Testing when the child is homeschooled? (cross post)

I posted this on the Learning Challenges board, but I thought there might be some parents here with experience.

Has anyone's kid taken the ACT with Special Testing while they were homeschooled?  I can't figure out how it works.  Everything I read says that the student's school arranges it, but I don't know how that works if your kid doesn't have a school.  

Any experience?  

Note: Special Testing is different from National Testing with accommodations.  National Testing with accommodations is when a student takes the test at the same time and the same place as other students.  It doesn't have to be the kid's school.  You can sign up for any school that offers it.  But there's a limited list of accommodations that you get that way.  Special Testing is for students who need accommodations that you can't do on a National Testing Day, such as double or triple time, or a scribe, or multiple day testing.  It is usually given at the kid's actual school, by one of the teachers or instructional assistants.  I can't figure out what happens if your kid doesn't have a school at all.  

I don't have personal experience with this, but perhaps a place that does proctored exams would do it.  For example, our local CC will proctor exams for anyone who makes an appointment and pays a fee.

Edited by EKS

1 hour ago, EKS said:

I don't have personal experience with this, but perhaps a place that does proctored exams would do it.  For example, our local CC will proctor exams for anyone who makes an appointment and pays a fee.

Thanks!  I will reach out to them and see.