Menu

Blood pressure monitors

Jaybee

I need a new blood pressure monitor for home use. My old one is quite old and no longer functions. I haven't used it in too long. I've read and read reviews, and the monitors that are most recommended on various sites, have lots of bad reviews on Amazon. So it's confusing and I'm not sure what to get. Is it the reviewer, stacked reviews, or what? Omron is consistently recommended, but ? This one by Hylogy has really good reviews, but not as many as some of the others. I don't really care if it connects to my phone, etc., I just want accurate readings.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QW28Z6G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A16YBBUCTM4Y6W&psc=1 

My old one was ReliOn, but it's been a long time--I think it was pretty accurate, and reasonably priced as well. What do you all use?

I use an Omron wrist one. I care more about consistent readings than perfect readings though. Mine tells you when your arm is at the right angle, and it will tell you if your am is angled too high or too low.

If only my doctor cared what any blood pressure cuff says, including her own blood pressure cuff. 

• Like 1

I have several in my shopping cart while I'm trying to decide, and one of them is an Omron wrist one. My blood pressure was pretty high at the doctor's today, but the cuffs always go so tight they really hurt, which causes me to get stressed out. And they took it several times to try to get an accurate reading, so it went even higher as the pain and anxiety grew. 😞 Which is one reason why I might get a wrist one in spite of my doctor's preferences. I can't see it hurting my wrist.

We have an older Omron model.

When taking your blood pressure:

Empty your bladder.

Sit in a chair with back support and arms. Keep both feet flat on the floor (do not cross your legs).

Sit quietly for three to five minutes before putting on the cuff and beginning your machine. Keep both of your arms resting on the arms of the chair.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

Yes, I've monitored it regularly in the past, and tried to do it just as instructed--didn't generally have any problems.  But then my cuff started messing up and coming unfastened when it inflated, and I never bought a replacement.  I'm just trying to figure out which monitor to get this time.

• Like 1