Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

• breakfast birthday celebration - oldest ds is 21 today! (How the heck do I have a kid who's the same age I was when I got married??) We're having his favorite doughnuts (which are from a gas station, btw 😵) and opening presents before he has to go back up to school.
  • office work - keep working on bills & retirement stuff
  • dust & vacuum basement
  • remember to tell dh to pick up some carrots, because the ones I got from Walmart were all slimey and gross
  • order vitamins
  • coffee date w/dh this afternoon
  • dinner: lentil soup
  • Like 7

Happy Birthday to your Ds, Selkie!

I woke up at 5 and couldn't go back to sleep, so I got some AHG things done and cleared my inbox. 
Bacon is in the oven and Ds is making pancakes. 

Today:
School
Get milk and drop a few things off for my mom.
Online class for me!
Piano lessons
Church - woohoo for not having to cook dinner! 

Make list of things Ds needs for Scouts
AHG announcements emailed to PiPa unit
Work on AHG parent bulletin for Thurs - need to call the park! 

Listen to podcasts! 
Read a novel to unwind at bedtime. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday to your ds, Selkie!

Today is another day of the general mess of the tournament. This will take all morning, and then no doubt we will discover that there will have to be games on Friday in the cold.

Dh has sorted nearly all of our car situation- dd2 and I will head over to the dealer to clean out the car. And then there is one more car to unload. But I will be doing all this in my new-to me car!

I don't think I will get much done today- but here's the list anyway.

• coffee/paper
  • excuse dd2 so she can watch ds3 this morning-done
  • tournament
  • wait around
  • go and clean out car
  • pick up ds3? wait around some more
  • find out what the heck is going on
  • home to relax, chores, baseball, etc.

Have a great day!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday to your DS, Selkie!!

Regular Wednesday here, DH out of town this week (and next).

Done:

-coffee
-DS18 to school
-DS15 to co-op

To Do:

-clean family room and dining room (including windows and window wells, previous owner seemed to have an aversion to that)
-workout (cardio)
-pick up DS15 from co-op (over an hour endeavor back and forth and the car line from hell)
-start filing homeschool paperwork from last year
-dinner (no idea, may just tell the kids to get their own dinner tonight...)
-see if we can locate correct calculator for DS15 to take to PSATs next week
-watch baseball with DS18 while he acts mildly annoyed that I am there with him watching TV...

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 5

done:
coffee x2
rabies vaccine for cat
watch my 2 recorded shows 

to do: 
tutoring gig
take DS to his science class
do school with DS once home
do laundry (fold/put away one load, wash/dry/put away 2nd load)
finish school prep/printing that I didn't get to yesterday
sew/quilt
take DS to youth group
dinner? just me & DH, so....

• Like 6

Selkie, happy birthday to your ds! 

Hello from Ohio! Today is our last day here, so we drive back home tomorrow. It's been fun seeing family. We had breakfast with a friend from college this morning. We are visiting a college this afternoon with our ds because we hope to move here. 

Ds is doing some school up here and needs to review and take his biology test, do some history, and a math lesson. I'll do some laundry tonight, and we'll pack up. Our niece is coming over again with her two kids so we can see them one more time before the Christmas holidays. 

I hope you all are having a great week! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

American history graded

American literature graded

physics checked in on (mid long assignment)

algebra 2 checked in on (mid long assignment)

Japanese checked in on (mid long assignment)

very quick grocery shop for one thing

rebooted dishwasher.

Bloodsugars have adjusted to lowering my diabetic meds (initially went up a bit) and are now "perfect" again.  Might need to lower (ie. totally get off the meds) if this continues to trend downwards, which would be beautiful.  Now if all this hard work and progress would also translate into actually losing weight, I would be even happier. 

• Like 5

Home from tutoring; things went well, I think this is going to be nice easy money. Yay!

While there, got an email from the cat boarding place, apparently our cat is missing some other vaccine that she needs. Sorting through records to see/make sure she didn't get it elsewhere, and have scheduled a return visit back to the vet this afternoon (who thinks we're quacks for not knowing this when we were there this morning.....). Trying to decide if I want to talk to the shelter about this or not; they state that animals are vaccinated & spayed/neutered. She was young, so we had to do the spay later (they set it up/paid), but come to find out, they only gave her the rabies vaccine, not the distemper and such. So, debating whether that was a mistake, an oversight, or when they say "vaccinated" they only mean "against rabies" and the other stuff is meant to be extra. I don't recall from our other cat.....

Also having a glitch with our cable, so need to figure out how to report that. A couple of channels blacked out for a little while yesterday, and doing it again today (right around the same time). They both came back, so hopefully they come back again, but.....weird. 

So, rest of the list:
....start laundry
...school with DS
....check about vaccines at the shelter
....check on the cable
....return with kitty to the vet
....clean up downstairs in case DH brings his boss home tomorrow

• Like 6

Still at the courts- worst run tournament ever.

ds3 won and then lost in the final (expected loss to the kid who should win State) but won't find out if he actually makes state until Friday.

The postponing of the playback is actually against the rules- but everyone just shrugs their shoulders and says whatever. 

This matters little to ds3 but honestly. I feel like an alien when I suggest that rules should be followed.

No idea when I will get home. Dh has to come with me to the dealer. They are a little salty. But hey, if you can't fix a car in two months and you don't expect to get it done this month- at a certain point this becomes your problem.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Ugh, Jen, that sounds so ridiculous. I hope it gets sorted and maybe at some point others decide to follow the rules, too. And the car....yikes. Best of luck!

And....looked up the info on the shelter. It simply states "vaccinated" on the website; the paperwork we got does spell out, just rabies vaccine. So, drat. Back to the vet I go this afternoon. In looking through all the records, turns out ALL of the shelter pets are late on their rabies vaccines (egads; how on earth....) so I'll schedule appts for them, too, and find out what else we need. I need to remember to print the email from the boarding place to see what it is they're requiring.....we don't do ALL of the preventative stuff since they are all stay-at-home animals, fenced in, etc. Well, ha, not wild kitty; she needs the full whatever, our little escapee mouse hunting warrior. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

School done.  I didn't tell ds but he gets an easy day tomorrow because he worked so hard today.
Tutoring done.  Kid I don't have this week checked in. *sigh*  He did not do what he needed to but will be ready to go by our next session.  Or he says.
Laundry - folded a bit, did two loads.  Made sure the kid's special underwear for hockey tonight got washed and dried so that's all that matters.
Turned the pork chops into a low simmered pork dish with Asian flavoring
Oldest kid found out he doesn't have to work so no drop off/drop my car off.  Yay!
All that's left is take kid to hockey.

• Like 6

Howdy!

Yesterday was such a looong day.  I did almost everything I set out to do.  The volleyball games went late (and we won one unexpectedly, great game, yay!).  Then I had to drive to my folks' with the bird and do taxes, and that went late.  Then I still had 3 loads of laundry to do.  I went to bed like 4:30, woke at 6:30 to switch out a load of laundry, and went back to bed for what was expected to be an hour or two.  Ha!  Got up again at 11am, finished the laundry, and then I had a business snarl to sort out.  At this point I am almost ready for our trip.

We are driving to Chicago today.  I hope most people are done packing and all that.  I still need a shower.

I need to pack some gift bags and see what I can do about my kid's birthday card, which I didn't think to buy (but I might have one around somewhere).

I have 1 more work thing I want to do before we leave.

That's about it for today.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Bloodsugars have adjusted to lowering my diabetic meds (initially went up a bit) and are now "perfect" again.  Might need to lower (ie. totally get off the meds) if this continues to trend downwards, which would be beautiful.  Now if all this hard work and progress would also translate into actually losing weight, I would be even happier. 

That is wonderful for you, I hope the progress continues.

@Margaret in CO prayers for your family

@MysteryJen what an utter mess, thankfully that your ds is unphased.

I'm having a horrible time focusing today, too much going on last night, then late dinner, a call at bed and then I couldn't fall asleep I'm tired today.

We got school done. I taught 6 classes in the morning. I've got a phone consult with the dr. tonight just for a check-up. Got to visit with dh, we've been passing ships quite often as of late. Took a short walk, now onto helping dd2 with dinner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Car stuff sorted out- no matter the problems, the service guys have been unfailing nice and as helpful as they can be.

I have a bag of junk from the car- mostly dd2's cosmetics and snacks. And the all important ice scrapers and insulated bags from Costco.

I brought most of my pots inside- the wind is crazy and snow is on the way.

Ds3 took a nap and is doing some math.

• Like 2