Menu

What's with the ads?

MaBelle

I know I can't be the only one.....

Who else has a tiny, four legged, furry terrorist that runs their lives? This is Baby.  She is an indoor kitty, goes outside only with me watching her,  has her own room.  Notice her little bed is on my bed.  She prefers it there although she actually sleeps on my feet.  I do my best not to move.  She is part of the reason I have my own bedroom.   When I go out of town dh has to send me what we call "proof of life" pictures every day.

I have 12 cats but Baby gets special treatment.  She's better than a dog and much more loyal.

Pics of your terrorist required.

ETA- the flecks of crap on my bedspread are catnip.

IMG_5887.JPG

Edited by MaBelle
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

My MIL has probably a dozen cats that go on vacation with them.  Yep!  With them! They have a motor home and take the cats along.  They have maybe 20-40 living in the house, cattery or small out buildings on thier land. She has ran a rescue for years and these are not strays that find thier way. They have the best medical treatment (spay/neutured), food, and even the out buildings are heated for any ferals that live there. The have talked about selling the motor home since they don't use it as much anymore, but they keep it.  For the sole reason, that if thier house catches on fire, they will have no immediate place to live that will take them and the cats. The motor home is the back up plan for the indoor kitties. LOL That is devotion! 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Tap said:

My MIL has probably a dozen cats that go on vacation with them.  Yep!  With them! They have a motor home and take the cats along.  They have maybe 20-40 living in the house, cattery or small out buildings on thier land. She has ran a rescue for years and these are not strays that find thier way. They have the best medical treatment (spay/neutured), food, and even the out buildings are heated for any ferals that live there. The have talked about selling the motor home since they don't use it as much anymore, but they keep it.  For the sole reason, that if thier house catches on fire, they will have no immediate place to live that will take them and the cats. The motor home is the back up plan for the indoor kitties. LOL That is devotion! 

OMGoodness!!!  We must be related.  I have a big catio, spay/neuter all mine,  have a heated outbuilding for them in winter,  feed ferals and travel with cat food in the car in case of need.  I do not travel with mine for fear of someone getting out and lost forever.  I have been known to cry when leaving Baby for a couple of days.  My  dh is a saint. ( Although he is also cat crazy and has his own personal terrorists.)

• Like 4

You rock, MaBelle. My DD considers cats superior beings and so very desperately wants one, but my DH is very allergic. DH and I love cats, too and I'd have a houseful if I could!

Here's hoping science will allow us to have cats sooner rather than later!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2019/08/17/a-vaccine-for-cat-allergies-here-is-the-latest/#4dc91e1e45f7

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MaBelle said:

OMGoodness!!!  We must be related.  I have a big catio, spay/neuter all mine,  have a heated outbuilding for them in winter,  feed ferals and travel with cat food in the car in case of need.  I do not travel with mine for fear of someone getting out and lost forever.  I have been known to cry when leaving Baby for a couple of days.  My  dh is a saint. ( Although he is also cat crazy and has his own personal terrorists.)

The world is a better place with people who have so much love to share!  

• Like 3

Here’s the little jerk who runs this house.  He is beyond spoiled.   Don’t let his 4lbs fool you.   We adore him and spoil him, but I think he’s just counting down the days til he officially overtakes us and hides our bodies. 

94436E48-B48A-4796-9603-7B4F66999FD4.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 7

The extremely spoiled queen rules the roost in this side of the house.

I've attached two other crazies that DD is fostering. She runs a TNR non profit & tries to save as many feral born kitties as she can. The tiny one is bigger now & someone is coming today to see if they want to take her home. (Usually DD makes sure they are spayed/neutered before they get adopted out but this one will habe to be done post-adoption.) The other one has been looking for a home for a month. I'm worried no one wants the cutie. DH loves cats but won't let another become a permanent resident.

They are both polydactls and the little one thinks people are cat trees!

Edited by RootAnn
Removed pics. They might still be visible in a quoted post
  • Like 10

9 hours ago, MaBelle said:

Who else has a tiny, four legged, furry terrorist that runs their lives? This is Baby.  She is an indoor kitty, goes outside only with me watching her,  has her own room.  Notice her little bed is on my bed.  She prefers it there although she actually sleeps on my feet.  I do my best not to move.  She is part of the reason I have my own bedroom.   When I go out of town dh has to send me what we call "proof of life" pictures every day.

I have 12 cats but Baby gets special treatment.  She's better than a dog and much more loyal.

Pics of your terrorist required.

ETA- the flecks of crap on my bedspread are catnip.

IMG_5887.JPG

Is she a diluted torti?

Terrorist is a good name for one of our kitties. We usually call him a demon although my youngest named him for an angel from her favorite TV show.   I love him so much, but he is the worst cat we have ever had - we currently have 5 inside cats.  He is three years old now and I have no hope he is going to outgrow his bad behaviors now.  😉  He chews on all kinds of things and has had 3 surgeries to remove fabric/lace/and a dryer sheet from his stomach.  I recently caught him chewing the corner of our dresser for no apparent reason. He bullies the other cats.  He bites and scratches.  When he wants petted and loved he must have it, even if that means waking me up at 3:30 am to pet him a while.  He tries to get outside even though he has a huge catio my dh built for all of them this spring.  He was dumped out of a car around 3-4 weeks and a friend found him sitting on the yellow lines in the middle of the road.  He has been loved and adored since then, and is not afraid of anything.  

PS The photo is of him laying down so sweetly with his favorite toy.  That sheep has been with him since we first brought him home and he still carries it around a good bit.  He will take it to the catio or into the laundry room where the litter boxes are, and into window sills so it can help him watch for us when we are away from home or even just outside.  He hates to be left alone.  

Cas.jpg

• Like 13

39 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Is she a diluted torti?

Nope.  She's gray and white.  We have three calicos, white and black, then black and white, gray, cream with points, yellow, yellow and white and a black.  My feral is a dark tabby.  I do not have a tortie but my grandkids do.

Edited by MaBelle

13 minutes ago, CindyH in NC said:

Terrorist is a good name for one of our kitties. We usually call him a demon although my youngest named him for an angel from her favorite TV show.   I love him so much, but he is the worst cat we have ever had - we currently have 5 inside cats.  He is three years old now and I have no hope he is going to outgrow his bad behaviors now.  😉  He chews on all kinds of things and has had 3 surgeries to remove fabric/lace/and a dryer sheet from his stomach.  I recently caught him chewing the corner of our dresser for no apparent reason. He bullies the other cats.  He bites and scratches.  When he wants petted and loved he must have it, even if that means waking me up at 3:30 am to pet him a while.  He tries to get outside even though he has a huge catio my dh built for all of them this spring.  He was dumped out of a car around 3-4 weeks and a friend found him sitting on the yellow lines in the middle of the road.  He has been loved and adored since then, and is not afraid of anything.  

PS The photo is of him laying down so sweetly with his favorite toy.  That sheep has been with him since we first brought him home and he still carries it around a good bit.  He will take it to the catio or into the laundry room where the litter boxes are, and into window sills so it can help him watch for us when we are away from home or even just outside.  He hates to be left alone.  

Cas.jpg

Post of pic of your catio.

2 hours ago, RootAnn said:

The extremely spoiled queen rules the roost in this side of the house.

I've attached two other crazies that DD is fostering. She runs a TNR non profit & tries to save as many feral born kitties as she can. The tiny one is bigger now & someone is coming today to see if they want to take her home. (Usually DD makes sure they are spayed/neutered before they get adopted out but this one will habe to be done post-adoption.) The other one has been looking for a home for a month. I'm worried no one wants the cutie. DH loves cats but won't let another become a permanent resident.

They are both polydactls and the little one thinks people are cat trees!

20191003_130033.jpg

IMG_7930.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

So precious!

Yup, we had a 4-legged furry cat that not just "ran our lives," but destroyed a huge amount of stuff in the house. I could cry at the waste of quality toys, furniture, flooring and other stuff. And I'm allergic to cats, so I had 24-hour post nasal drip. No more cats in my house (though I do love having cats). 😥

The dogs we have had did less overall damage and it took longer to accomplish. I'm also allergic, but I suck it up. 😏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CindyH in NC said:

Cas.jpg

I am ded of the cute!

Edited by katilac
  • Haha 3

I love all these pictures. Will post mine shortly.

2 hours ago, Scarlett said:

My little terror.

CE95B6B7-43DB-4CC9-9EAD-D9E5F25395E6.jpeg

Love the pose! 😄 

2 hours ago, CindyH in NC said:

T

Cas.jpg

This is just too cute. ❤️ 

• Like 3

Ours only terrorizes chipmunks, I’m forever dashing out the back door to bop her on the head to release them. She was either dumped by some town-idiot or a runaway from one of the farms uphill. The only thought she had the first few years was killing wildlife, but now she lazes around the yard, eats the dog’s food, walks with us, and comes to the back door exactly one hour after sunset to be let into the basement. She’s not allowed inside due to allergies and our hatred of litterboxes.

983496D9-75D1-431F-9196-90D89207ECD9.jpeg

29911A10-AFEA-4648-B19F-7653905A0BF9.jpeg

AD0E2C4F-8E84-483B-A015-A5B7CB7EEF78.jpeg

• Like 8

Aghh! DD just found out the person who was going to adopt the little kitten backed out before coming to even see her today. !! The little one will likely have to be put back out on the streets if someone new doesn't step up in the next couple days.

This has been so emotionally tough on my girl. Especially when it is the people who let the animals down.

• Sad 2

The rabbits rule the roost here.  They very intelligently made sure that as prey animals that they are top of the totem pole over the predators (our cat and dog). 

iWsKTEG.jpg

Low man on the totem pole

wptS5Dk.jpg

Rabbit herder extraordinaire

TkNwNcH.jpg

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

Aghh! DD just found out the person who was going to adopt the little kitten backed out before coming to even see her today. !! The little one will likely have to be put back out on the streets if someone new doesn't step up in the next couple days.

This has been so emotionally tough on my girl. Especially when it is the people who let the animals down.

OMGosh, you can't do that, keep it outside.  Feed it.

• Like 2

The Puff of Fluff. (She has had a haircut recently and doesn't look like this now.) You may bow.

cat.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

The calico is Scout. She is sweet but supremely stupid.  The tuxedo is Obama, and he is a massive jerk.  He holds grudges and will attack my oldest when he gets mad at me.  She is actually afraid of him.  He is very, very smart, however.  And he loves my husband passionately, even though my husband doesn’t much care for him.  We did not name him as any sort of political commentary.  By the time we figured out he was a jerk and not a high energy kitten, he knew his name so we couldn’t change it.  

66013433-F2ED-407D-BD41-858341A7A6A4.jpeg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, MaBelle said:

Post of pic of your catio.

It is a small porch that my husband screened in this spring.  The outside is actually painted to match the house - we didn't paint the inside because we knew they would scratch the posts and they do.  They have a blanket on the other side and a small house on the rug to the left.  We don't leave them out there when we aren't home though because I am worried that the little demon would escape through the screen somehow.  😉 It's not visible in the photo but we have bird feeders near the wood sided building across the driveway.  I am convinced that the birds have figured out that the cats can't reach them because they like to perch in the bushes on either side of the porch which creates instant CAT TV.  

IMG_20191009_145156.jpg

• Like 7

These guys are total terrorists, and destroy the walls/baseboard/rug if you turn your back for a second 😒

They ply us with their adorableness and licks, lulling us into a false sense of security.

08D4188C-3CFB-4BD1-94CF-E99BC4BAE1A0.thumb.jpeg.8aae59c43ccd90f7118412eca6a7b046.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, MaBelle said:

OMGosh, you can't do that, keep it outside.  Feed it.

It'll go back to the colony where it was picked up. That's the policy of the TNR group. But, there is a woman who puts out food & water for that colony (And well she should since it was her outdoor pet cat who started the colony about 2 litters ago!). She has a winter box shelter that'll keep some of the ferals in her colony warm this winter.

Our neighborhood is really bad for strays & ferals because two neighbors hate cats. The newest neighbors to move in have put out a live trap borrowed from local law enforcement & we believe the sheriff's department has already "relocated" one feral from that trap who was a regular in the neighborhood. Another neighbor called the sheriff's dept (which is pretty much animal control in our rural area) on three outdoor cats who belonged to a long-term renter a few years back. I never heard if they were dropped off in the country or if they were euthanized. 

There is just a huge feral cat population here caused by humans who are irresponsible. There were almost 20 kittens born in one colony a few blocks away from us this spring. And that group is less than a block from the colony where the two kittens DD is fostering came from. That's the next focus for the TNR group if they can get enough funds.

Edited by RootAnn
Autocorrect put TNT instead of TNR!
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, RootAnn said:

It'll go back to the colony where it was picked up. That's the policy of the TNT group. But, there is a woman who puts out food & water for that colony (And well she should since it was her outdoor pet cat who started the colony about 2 litters ago!). She has a winter box shelter that'll keep some of the ferals in her colony warm this winter.

Our neighborhood is really bad for strays & ferals because two neighbors hate cats. The newest neighbors to move in have put out a live trap borrowed from local law enforcement & we believe the sheriff's department has already "relocated" one feral from that trap who was a regular in the neighborhood. Another neighbor called the sheriff's dept (which is pretty much animal control in our rural area) on three outdoor cats who belonged to a long-term renter a few years back. I never heard if they were dropped off in the country or if they were euthanized. 

There is just a huge feral cat population here caused by humans who are irresponsible. There were almost 20 kittens born in one colony a few blocks away from us this spring. And that group is less than a block from the colony where the two kittens DD is fostering came from. That's the next focus for the TNR group if they can get enough funds.

RootAnn, is the TNR goal that the colony members will eventually all be spayed/neutered so that over time the colony dwindles in size (and eventually ceases to exist)?

@Seasider tooEventually, yes. That's a long way off, of course. And with humans the way they are, there will always be drop offs & released cats, just hopefully less who have to live feral lives. (At least two kitties we know of were run over before they were 8 weeks old. Two more in a different colony died of disease.)

But I didn't mean to cause a downer in this thread!

Attaching a pic of another lovable terror. He knows he's not in charge but wishes he was.

image-20191003_133042.jpg

Edited by RootAnn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've got my own little feral colony going in one of our barns.  I thought I'd catch the female before she gave birth but it didn't happen and I can't find the kittens.  Makes me so sad for her and her babies.  Now I can't take her in because I'm afraid the babies might starve.  Ugh.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, RootAnn said:

@Seasider tooEventually, yes. That's a long way off, of course. And with humans the way they are, there will always be drop offs & released cats, just hopefully less who have to live feral lives. (At least two kitties we know of were run over before they were 8 weeks old. Two more in a different colony died of disease.)

But I didn't mean to cause a downer in this thread!

Attaching a pic of another lovable terror. He knows he's not in charge but wishes he was.

image-20191003_133042.jpg

Not a downer! It sounds like a very responsible plan, not just for the well-being of the cats, but also for other native wildlife in your area.  

The only cat I ever called mine looked just like your yellow fellow here. He was a big baby, though, not a tyrant but definitely an introvert. I don’t have any pictures of him anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the biggest terrorist.  She has to sleep on someone's head most of the time.  That is ds's head.  She hits if you walk by and don't pet her.  And she will randomly wake up and bite you somewhere on the face or ear.  She chases one of the dogs.  (We have another cat and two dogs)  But she comes when her name is called and basically checks everything out like she's a dog.

20190228_060704.jpg

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

This is my latest terrorist. He is my constant reminder that Kittens are Jerks, to quote Ktgrok. His latest stunt is walking across my dining room suspended light fixture. It is seriously the nicest thing i own inside my house (like most hobby farms most of our $$ goes out things no one sees outside!) so I love my dining room fixture and he's determined to destroy it. He also makes loading and unloading the dishwasher a PITA- he's lightening fast before you know he's there. But he's awful cute when he's asleep. That almost makes up for him attacking trying to kill me  on the treadmill while I run . 

42iOrjB9Rw2cwo7dvwpePg.thumb.jpg.903bdbf7240390fb5d411cb1a53409fb.jpg921882607_FzZuKxaQWedZX3RyByJtA.thumb.jpg.7638c60c5563a03b4c0dbe6c1aa8b089.jpg

Edited by Æthelthryth the Texan
  • Like 9