Menu

Which floor cleaner do you love?

math teacher

For the first time in my adult life, I have no carpet. We bought a used double wide to be closer to in-laws and my husband's job. I have vinyl plank flooring in all the rooms except one, and that one is wood of some sort-but not the new stuff. I've been sweeping and mopping the old fashioned way for over 4 months now, but I'm ready to upgrade to something else. What do i want to clean my floors with?

Bona Stone, Tile, and Laminate

We really love it. We have LVP, sheet vinyl, and old-style laminate. I don't like it on the sheet vinyl, but I like it on the other two. Our old laminate was hazy when we moved in, but the Bona cleared that up after several fairly heavy passes.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kbutton said:

Bona Stone, Tile, and Laminate

We really love it. We have LVP, sheet vinyl, and old-style laminate. I don't like it on the sheet vinyl, but I like it on the other two. Our old laminate was hazy when we moved in, but the Bona cleared that up after several fairly heavy passes.

To clarify, I'm talking about a machine that would replace my broom and mop. Thanks though-that's good to know.

• Like 1

You'll still have to sweep or vacuum first unless you want a muddy mess.  But I love my steam mop, it cleans using water.  Note I still have a couple toddlers who manage to fling banana in the oddest of places, so I bought extra mop heads and use it almost daily, at least in the kitchen & dining room.

I also have a knockoff of the dyson cordless vacuums that I used instead of sweeping until this last move, when the charging cord went missing.  I'm sure the movers put it somewhere and I'll find it AFTER I buy a new one.  For now I'm still using a broom and dustpan.

There is a robot vacuum/mop combination, maybe someone here will chime in on them.  I've dismissed the idea ever since I read a hilarious story about how the robot spread poop ALL OVER the house when the family went on vacation.  I no longer remember if it was dog poop or toddler poop, but too much risk for either in my house.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 2:01 AM, kand said:

Oh my gosh, I had forgotten about that. I believe it might have been in Amazon reviews, and there was more than one person who had that happen 😱. I might have to track that down, because it was horrifying and hilarious all at the same time. 

This has happened in my house TWICE with the Roomba. (dog poop) It was a mess, but since we don't have carpeting, it wasn't THAT bad to clean up. I still love my Roomba, but I'm relieved that my days of 5 elderly dogs are done . . .

• Sad 1

I used to love my Eureka Envirosteamer.  Well, I still like it, but I find it's just easier to use my Twist and Shout mop (it's like a salad spinner for the mop).  I put just water in the mop bucket, and I have a spray bottle of Bona Stone, Tile, and Laminate.  I mist any dirty areas with the sprayer and let it sit for a few seconds while I spin my mop, then go over the area with the mop.  It's super quick and effective, and it dries really fast. (I have engineered wood floors and tile).

I have a steam mop (I think it's the Swiffer/Bissell one?) I use it in my bathrooms and in the kitchen where I have sheet vinyl floors. I usually just put plain water in the tank and use the Method Squirt and Mop liquid by just spraying a small puddle in front of the steam mop every now and then. I like that I can use just any old wash cloth or old towel that I have ripped apart to be the right size instead of buying refills for it.

I'm a little more picky about my vinyl plank floors. I don't use my steam mop on them because I don't want to chance the steam getting between the planks and loosening the glue and the planks coming loose. I have a regular swiffer style mop that I just attach a washcloth that is damp with warm water and some of the Method Squirt and Mop. Our whole family loves the original almond scent.