Menu

AP Exam join code -- second code

Ds is taking a course through PA Homeschoolers and I'm signing him up for that AP and another AP for a Thinkwell course.  He took exams through this same school last year, so he's in their system and the online registration automatically populates his information. 

The PAH instructor gave us a second join code for that course, but I don't know where to put it.  I assume that this code links this "official" PAH course with my ds' College Board account(?), but I'm not actually signing up for the AP test on the CB website.

Why do I have a second join code?

Edited to add:  Will I need a second code for the Thinkwell AP, which I guess is actually "self-study"?

Edited by DoraBora

One is for the AP Class (which will connect him to the instructor), the other is for the exam.  If he was taking the class and exam at the same institution, he would only have one code.  I had the same thing with DD.  I created my own AP class, she joined me as an instructor with one code, and added another exam code given to her by the school where she will take the exam.

2 hours ago, Attolia said:

One is for the AP Class (which will connect him to the instructor), the other is for the exam.  If he was taking the class and exam at the same institution, he would only have one code.  I had the same thing with DD.  I created my own AP class, she joined me as an instructor with one code, and added another exam code given to her by the school where she will take the exam.

Thank you!  😊

The school that is registering your child will

need to provide you with a join code otherwise, they will not be able to register your Ds to take an exam with them. You need to ask them for the exam only join code which you will 

need to enter on the collegeboard website. Payment is done separately through the schools.