Menu

What's with the ads?

soror

October Well-Trained Bodies

Air quality is much better today and  everything is opening back up after the outage! Went to the Y this morning and did a pilates class. That felt nice. Tomorrow is Piloxing and Friday will be elliptical plus yoga. I'm very happy to be moving again. 

I've said goodbye to the carbs and am back to my normal eating. I didn't weigh myself today so I guess I'll see what the damage is tomorrow. 

The stores are still chaos so I'm eating out of what little fruits and veggies we have on hand. Hoping to get into he store tomorrow. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sassenach said:

Air quality is much better today and  everything is opening back up after the outage! Went to the Y this morning and did a pilates class. That felt nice. Tomorrow is Piloxing and Friday will be elliptical plus yoga. I'm very happy to be moving again. 

I've said goodbye to the carbs and am back to my normal eating. I didn't weigh myself today so I guess I'll see what the damage is tomorrow. 

The stores are still chaos so I'm eating out of what little fruits and veggies we have on hand. Hoping to get into he store tomorrow. 

Ya, for getting out and getting exercise, and better air quality.

4 hours ago, wintermom said:

Hope you get your sleep and tummy stuff all smoothed out, and good luck with your pap. At least they are usually not as painful as mammograms.

Well done with your stretching! I have to do more of this.

Pap done, not too horrible, now I get a mammogram next week. Of course the NP said it wouldn't hurt at all, I've heard several people say otherwise though, we'll see.

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

I got in a nice little bike ride and short walk today. It wasn't raining too hard, and it's still pretty warm. 

Ya for a bike ride, it is raining here too.

I did my stretching as soon as I got home, it felt good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, soror said:

Ya, for getting out and getting exercise, and better air quality.

I'm glad to hear the air quality is improving!  

Pap done, not too horrible, now I get a mammogram next week. Of course the NP said it wouldn't hurt at all, I've heard several people say otherwise though, we'll see.

I also just had my exam. I was shocked not to have a pap - apparently they only recommend them every few years now. Is this your first mammogram? I think whether it hurts depends a lot on your breast tissue - I think firm and perky hurts more than old and saggy. I'm in the latter category, so I haven't found them so bad...

• Like 2

Tomorrow is the last day of Hell Week at OT. Each workout is given the name of a horror movie - Misery was pretty miserable,  lol. Today I did my 5th class and earned my free t-shirt - yay.  I'm signed up for tomorrow; not sure if I'll go, but if I do I'm a-gonna wear my new,shirt, and they are handing out free adult beverages after class. ...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Matryoshka said:

so just had my exam. I was shocked not to have a pap - apparently they only recommend them every few years now. Is this your first mammogram? I think whether it hurts depends a lot on your breast tissue - I think firm and perky hurts more than old and saggy. I'm in the latter category, so I haven't found them so bad...

Yes, this is my first mammo, well, certainly not as perky as I once was but not to 80yr old saggy yet, guess we'll see!!!

10 hours ago, Matryoshka said:

Tomorrow is the last day of Hell Week at OT. Each workout is given the name of a horror movie - Misery was pretty miserable,  lol. Today I did my 5th class and earned my free t-shirt - yay.  I'm signed up for tomorrow; not sure if I'll go, but if I do I'm a-gonna wear my new,shirt, and they are handing out free adult beverages after class. ...

Congrats on the hard work!!!

I got 7.5 hrs of sleep (ya) and started my period (ya)

Today's exercise plan is a hiit/cardio-30 min and ultimate pull-up program

I think I'll do my lifting at home too, no TKD because of halloween so it saves me time and hassle, I can do all at home except 1 move, which I'll just modify. My shoulder is still cranky anyway so I'm not going to be pushing it too hard.

eta- Also, got my menu planned and made a homemade treat for myself.

Today will probably be gf steel cut oats again(plain) w/ blueberries, raspberries, greek yogurt, and pecans + 1 tsp of maple syrup w/ green tea

lunch- gf spinach wrap w/ chicken some fresh veggies and homemade "fudge" 

dinner- sloppy joes plus (lentils added to the meat) on top of half a gluten free bagel and baked sweet potato fries

hot cocoa  or tea for the road for trick or treating

Edited by soror
  • Like 2

Ok, I did not work out once this month. I had the flu for 2 months and just came out about a week ago. I've been dedicating my workout time to housework because gee golly did my house have the flu, too. I will see you in the next thread!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Ok, I did not work out once this month. I had the flu for 2 months and just came out about a week ago. I've been dedicating my workout time to housework because gee golly did my house have the flu, too. I will see you in the next thread!

Sorry to hear that.  See you next month...

------------------

A rest day.  Took the morning slowly instead of rushing out to take an early morning walk.  Did a longer mindfulness session after I got to work - I have put a blanket in the car to keep me warm while I meditate in the car park.  At lunchtime just ran some errands on foot, for 5,500 steps in total.  After work went to see my mother.  

I have a yoga class set up for tomorrow and hope to Nordic Walk on Saturday.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I'm so sorry, cleaning house is a great way to ease back into activity and it gets things caught up.Hopefully November is much better for you. I had the flu but wasn't knocked out so long.

49 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

Sorry to hear that.  See you next month...

------------------

A rest day.  Took the morning slowly instead of rushing out to take an early morning walk.  Did a longer mindfulness session after I got to work - I have put a blanket in the car to keep me warm while I meditate in the car park.  At lunchtime just ran some errands on foot, for 5,500 steps in total.  After work went to see my mother.  

I have a yoga class set up for tomorrow and hope to Nordic Walk on Saturday.  

That sounds like a wonderful rest day, good for you. 

I did my Cardio workout and my lifting. I started to do one of my Morning Meltdown workout, thought it was cardio but had a bunch of weights in it, so I scratched it and did another one. So, I'll be redoing my schedule, that works out better anyway, because I have 3 workouts a week I do and am replacing 3 of their workouts.

• Like 3