Menu

What's with the ads?

happysmileylady

Dayton area folks-pumpkin patch?

Last year, we ended up just buying pumpkins at Kroger.  This year I am wanting to take the kids to a pumpkin patch again.  I would like someplace with good apple cider to purchase, some cute fun stuff like a corn maze, or a hay ride, maybe some climbing hay bales or something.  My kids are really easy to please so I don’t need a lot of stuff like that, and what there is, it doesn’t have to be fancy or anything. Which is good cause we don’t have a lot to spend.  

Would prefer to stay more towards the south side vs the north side, and could even go a bit further south towards Cincy.  

Recommendations?  

Youngs?  I've never actually been to one of their fall things, but I know they have the maze, wagon rides, etc., and I'm pretty sure they have pumpkins too.  And ice cream of course, for this hot weather!  😁

Young’s has them, yeah.  I haven’t seen any other big patches, unfortunately. Maybe the upick farm over by Bellbrook?

Windmill Farm in Springboro is our favorite and we haven't missed a year in almost 25 years.  The hay ride is crazy in that it is hilly and muddy and always a great time.  There is also a small farm market a couple of play areas on the grounds and animals.   

Windmill Farm

• Like 2

I saw on facebook that Young's was unable to open their corn maze because of the wacky weather cycles this year.  They didn't get it planted until really late and then it didn't get high enough for the maze.  They have substituted some other activities for the kids.

Not sure how far it is from Dayton, but we used to go to a big one in Circleville every year when DS was younger. It’s been a long time though.

We were just out at Youngs and did ice cream. Fun place! Have you tried searching for corn mazes in Dayton? They might be connected to a farm with a pumpkin patch. 

10 hours ago, happysmileylady said:

Last year, we ended up just buying pumpkins at Kroger.  This year I am wanting to take the kids to a pumpkin patch again.  I would like someplace with good apple cider to purchase, some cute fun stuff like a corn maze, or a hay ride, maybe some climbing hay bales or something.  My kids are really easy to please so I don’t need a lot of stuff like that, and what there is, it doesn’t have to be fancy or anything. Which is good cause we don’t have a lot to spend.  

Would prefer to stay more towards the south side vs the north side, and could even go a bit further south towards Cincy.  

Recommendations?  

I'm a native Ohioan and grew up going to Circleville.   I'm sure it's changed over the decades but it's only about 1 1/2 hours from you.  

https://www.pumpkinshow.com/

• Like 1

20 hours ago, littlebug42 said:

Windmill Farm in Springboro is our favorite and we haven't missed a year in almost 25 years.  The hay ride is crazy in that it is hilly and muddy and always a great time.  There is also a small farm market a couple of play areas on the grounds and animals.   

Windmill Farm

I'm pretty sure this is the one I went to years ago.  All the others we have been to are in Cincinnati.

Fair warning--Irons Fruit Farm is crazy busy in nice weather. 

• Like 1

Don't come to the conclusion that your mom hates you, These could be the signs of Dementia disorders. I can feel your pain, it's really very hard to see our mom is suffering from something very dangerous. The one thing I would like to tell you to be Strong enough to solve the issues. Bad days never stay for long, and your mom will be fine soon. Consult an experienced doctor, if you want your mom should get fine asap. I remember after passing away of my uncle, my aunt was behaving the same, as your mom. But then one of my friend's dad suggested to take help from the elder care lawyers, who will talk with her, can give counselling, and solve the legal matters as well. Likewise you can also try out calling the Eldercare lawyers nearby.