Menu

Amber Guyger

Scarlett

7 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

A lot of the news stories are incorrectly stating that Brown's murder happened at the apartment building where Botham and Guyger lived, because the reports say he was killed "outside his apartment building." In fact he had recently moved to another apartment 5 miles away, in part because he feared for his life. He was ambushed and shot while getting out of his car in the parking lot at the new building, so it was clearly a targeted hit and not a random drive-by shooting or a drug deal gone wrong. Whoever killed him had to have known his new address and what car he drove, and according to Brown's family he was shot in the mouth and chest. If that's true, then shooting someone in the mouth seems like a pretty clear message. 

I just have no words.  Just horrifying.,

• Sad 3

15 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

A lot of the news stories are incorrectly stating that this happened at the apartment building where Botham and Guyger lived, because the reports say he was killed "outside his apartment building." In fact he had recently moved to another apartment 5 miles away, in part because he feared for his life. He was ambushed and shot while getting out of his car in the parking lot at the new building, so it was clearly a targeted hit and not a random drive-by shooting or a drug deal gone wrong. Whoever killed him had to have known his new address, and according to Brown's family he was shot in the mouth and chest. If that's true, then shooting someone in the mouth seems like a pretty clear message. 

Reports that Joshua Brown was ambushed are coming from Lee Merritt's FB and Twitter accounts.  The witnesses at the apartment building are not quoted as saying so -- even Merritt isn't claiming that.  I'm not able to find anything that says Brown moved in fear for his life because of his part in the trial (which seems implied above).  Again, I could be missing something. 

I would have moved uptown, too, had I been that close to a shooting.

"Brown lived in constant fear that he could be the next victim of gun violence, either state-sanctioned or otherwise" (again, Lee Merritt).  That seems reasonable, though I wonder whether Mr. Merritt added the "state sanctioned" bit, putting words in Mr. Brown's mouth.  WFAA (the Dallas ABC affiliate) is reporting that Brown was a victim of gun violence last November.  (The victim, not the perpetrator, and not "state sanctioned".)

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/man-shot-at-atera-apartment-complex-police-say/287-8c56d592-b182-4b74-add3-366898588010

Some of Lee Merritt's words are speculation, tending toward the dramatic.  Frankly, I expect that sort of thing from a trial lawyer.  It's what they do.  This is a terrible and sad story, and I think it's already horrible enough without this guy stirring the pot with conjecture in order to gain publicity.

The Medical Examiner is supposed to release more information today.

My heart breaks for Joshua Brown’s family.  

I haven’t been able to confirm the reports that he was shot in the mouth.  The whole thing doesn’t sound random though and if he was shot in the mouth that’s one more thing in the “hit” column.

I hope the killer or killers are caught and brought to justice.  

• Thanks 2

Same article as before, but updated:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime/man-shot-at-atera-apartment-complex-police-say/287-8c56d592-b182-4b74-add3-366898588010

An about-face quote or two from Civil Rights Attorney Lee Merritt:

https://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas-city-leaders-confident-of-thorough-investigation-into-joshua-browns-murder

I am so sorry for Mr. Brown's family and I hope they are being counseled to shield themselves from the rumor mongering on social media as they try to process their loss. 

Edited by DoraBora
last sentence was cut off

I have a really hard time believing a drug dealer would be a witness in a murder trial when a cop was the defendant.  Just mentioning my dad was a cop made even casual drug users scatter in college.

I have no trouble believing a couple corrupt cops staged the whole thing.  Unfortunately.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Katy said:

I have a really hard time believing a drug dealer would be a witness in a murder trial when a cop was the defendant.  Just mentioning my dad was a cop made even casual drug users scatter in college.

I have no trouble believing a couple corrupt cops staged the whole thing.  Unfortunately.

And the timing...

Yeah, I'm just not buying it. 😞

12 hours ago, Katy said:

So what about the man who was supposedly shot by Joshua Brown? How does that fit into the staging? 

There were 3 men who met Brown, according to the story. There was a fight. supposedly, Brown shot one man. Another shot and killed Brown (but supposedly he did not die immediately and called 911 himself so if that is true, there could be a recording). 

The 2 guys dumped the shot man at a hospital, where he is alive. 

IMO, there are too many loose ends left for this to be a set up. 

12 minutes ago, DoraBora said:

Well, that is some relief....very sad all around.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1