Menu

international exchange/study programs

My 11th grade daughter is really interested in studying overseas as part of her high school experience. Personally, I have some reservations, but I do think she would be able to handle it well. When she was 10, we spent her 4th grade year living in China, so she already has experience living outside the U.S. My problem is finding all the opportunities out there. We aren't rich by any means, but we can contribute to the cost. However, scholarships would be great appreciated. If you know of a program or have had a student participate in one, please list the website and name of the program. Thanks!

• Like 1

My DD applied for the NSLI-Y  program for strategic languages. She applied for a short (2 months?) course that would have been during the Summer of 2019, after her High School graduation. She was a semi-finalist (?) but was not one of those who went. She did a long phone or Skype interview with someone who'd previously gone on a NSLI-Y program.   It is free. Paid for by the U.S. Government. I think the U.S. State Department. I will try to find a link for you.

https://www.nsliforyouth.org/