Menu

Happy new year! (and a funny story for Rosh Hashanah)

Laurie

My daughter and I were stopped at a red light this afternoon when I noticed a group of people walking by.   Many of the men were wearing yamulkes, so I pointed that out to my daughter since we don't know anyone who wears one.  Then I got very excited when I saw  a man carrying a shofar.  ( Since we've only seen a picture in a book I was hoping that my daughter would be able to see it before the light changed!)   So I excitedly told her to look at the man walking at the front of the group with a shofar.   My daughter replied in the tone of voice she uses with me to let me know she thinks I don't know anything..."Mommy, a chauffeur drives a limo stretch."    (She's 22 and has autism.  She's never been in any kind of limo but apparently she knows who drives them.)

I was curious about where they were walking since they were leaving their building when I saw them.    When we got home I looked at the schedule on the internet and found out that they were going to a local park for a service that is held near water.   Anyway, I'm glad they had a beautiful sunny afternoon.  And I'm thankful that my daughter made me laugh...it doesn't happen very often when we're driving these days.  Usually it's more like she's driving me crazy by unbuckling her seatbelt/moving around  so that I have to pull over or something else.  

Best wishes to you as you celebrate Rosh Hashanah! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2