Menu

If you have done Math in Focus 4

ExcitedMama

Does it move more quickly than previous years? I just noticed that 4 has about 5 less chapters than 3 and a lot less pages in all of the books. Obviously it’s a harder book than 3 so does it move faster or does it take longer with harder material? Trying to figure out how to plan out the year and wondering what to expect. Thanks!

Do you have the teacher's manual? If you do, in the front it estimates how many days are needed for each chapter.  We did MIF 1 through Course 1 so honestly I don't remember that particular year.  I would generally write down how many days each chapter was supposed to take and use that to track how well we were progressing through the text.  Because we do math year round I do slow things down when they show they need that. 😃 

If you don't have the TM you used to be able to preview the texts here (you just need to sign up for a free account).  https://www.hmhco.com/ed-preview/ed-preview-math-in-focus

We did half the year with MIF 4, I think. I find that fourth grade math across the board is a tough year with some big leaps for kids. I don't remember thinking that it was a fast program. But we basically did half of MiF 4 and half of 5 and then moved back to MEP, which we had used ages before and finished out elementary math with that through 5th and 6th.