Menu

What's with the ads?

matrips

Fun LATIN game app/website?

My son is taking high school Latin 1 and really needs grammar practice.  He is jealous of the fun Senor Wooly app that his brother uses for Spanish.  Anything fun for Latin?  Me quizzing him from his text isn’t his idea of fun. 🙄. He has an iPad, so preferably an app.  Thank you!

I hear Latin is available on Duolingo, maybe that would help?

I'm really here to ask what is this Señor Wooly app you speak of??

• Thanks 1

Memrise (not fun, but has stacks of flashcards that people have already published for most Latin curricula) and duolingo: sorry, not helpful in the fun department!

• Thanks 1

I don't know of any fun games or apps. 

There are quite a few songs in Latin on Youtube, we always enjoyed that. Lots of Disney songs for some reason, and then general pop from "Call Me Maybe" to "Old Town Rome," lol. 

Our other versions of 'fun' Latin were: 

Latin Fairy Tales

Cattus Petasattus

Poems in Latin

Latin Crossword Puzzles

We also had a piano book with Latin versions of songs like Christmas carols and She'll be Coming Round the Mountain, but it was a million years old when we bought it used. 

You might check out Keith Massey's website. He has a spy novel about a Latin linguist, a teen time travel to ancient Rome novel,  a memoir about his time as an Arabic linguist, and some songs in Latin. I'm not really familiar with him, I just found his website via youtube. The novels are available in paperback or really cheap on Kindle, the music videos are free. 

Edited by katilac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2019 at 4:12 PM, SusanC said:

I hear Latin is available on Duolingo, maybe that would help?

I'm really here to ask what is this Señor Wooly app you speak of??

My kids are in school this year and it’s an online Spanish supplement my one ds loves.  It makes it fun to practice Spanish in his free time.  His brother is taking Latin and practicing is not so fun 🙄

https://www.senorwooly.com/

• Thanks 1