Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Noreen Claire

This was not a good idea...

My living room is twice as long as it is wide. My husband insisted on lining both long walls with bookshelves, so I have a couch and a loveseat both free-floating in the room, perpendicular to the walls and parallel to each other. With four young, rambunctious boys in the house all day, I am constantly moving furniture back into place. This is constantly aggravating.

In an attempt to keep the furniture from moving so much, I emptied FIVE bookshelves and moved both couches. I HATE IT. The symmetry of the room is gone and it's just no good. However, I now have roughly a thousand books to put back into bookshelves and I don't like the way the room is set up and I don't remember what bookshelves the books came out of and aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!

We went to the library. I never want to go home. My husband will be home in 6 hours. Ugh. 😥

Edited by Noreen Claire
  • Sad 1

ugh! I'm sorry!

Little tip from someone who KILLED my back moving a thousand books: move fewer than you think at one time. I mean, I regretted that for days and days and days...

• Like 1

I have a long, narrow living room, too! I hate it! What were the home designers thinking.....? I can't figure out a way to make it look good. Sorry you're in a book situation!

• Like 1