Menu

Any must sees or do for Niagara through adirondacks?

lynn

Ooo, ooo, great stuff! So you know they're going to snow early and heavily, right? Watch the weather. 

There's an electric power museum to hit, Corning Museum, the St. Lawrence Seaway with the castles... There's a beautiful canyon (Glen? I forget, near Corning) to hike. We did a hot air balloon ride because it was fall.

You'll have fun!

• Like 1

We live near the Thousand Islands and the season is winding down.  I don’t think it’s worth a visit if most of the things are going to be closed. You can check for dates and see.  I think October 15th is about the end.  Not sure though.

It is very beautiful, but this whole area is gorgeous, so I don’t think you can go wrong.   

• Like 1

Perry’s and Stewart’s Shops are our favorite ice cream.  Stewart’s Shops and Byrne Dairy are the two most-local/regional ice creams for us, and we do like Stewart’s Shops a little better.  These are both gas station/mini-mart places nearby to us.  

Wings are a thing!  They will probably be good anywhere you go 🙂

We are not pizza connoisseurs, lol.  The pizza here is good, but pizza is good other places, too.  

But the wings are consistently better than anyplace else we have ever lived!  

Edit:  Byrne Dairy is also very good ice cream. The little town by us has a Stewart’s Shop though 😉

Perry’s is also extremely good.  

Edited by Lecka
  • Like 1

We liked to get fried cheese curds and some French fries with cheese curds when we moved here, but the novelty has worn off on that.  It’s fun though.  We hadn’t lived somewhere with cheese curds before.  

Edit:  poutine — French fries with cheese curds and gravy.  Some restaraunts have it.  It’s pretty fun to try I think.  It’s exotic to us lol.  

Edited by Lecka
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Old Fort Niagara is a great history museum, they have some excellent tour guides. (The guy dressed up as a British soldier - "How do you like your taxes WITH representation?") If you are in Western NY, you should try a white hot, since I don't think you can get them anywhere else.

We just came back from NF & had a great time. They light up the Falls at night & shoot fireworks so don’t miss that! The Skylon revolving restaurant was a unique experience & is on the Canadian side (walking actoss Rainbow bridge to get there was cool too). In Lockport there’s a 2 hour boat tour of Erie Canal we didn’t get to but looked educational. Don’t forget the local Native American resources.