Menu

A New Social Club for Parents of Older Teens and Adult Children

fairfarmhand

4 minutes ago, Chris in VA said:

Is the group set now so it can't be searched? "Secret" or something?

The three Club settings are Open (public), Closed (invite only), and Private - that's the one that can't be searched.  I think this group currently still just Closed, although the group owner is trying to change it. Appears to be hard to change the setting once the club is set up??

Edited by Matryoshka

I don't know if I previously asked for an invite - but I'd like one.  though my kid that is the "would give the best parents in the world a run for their money" - is only 14.  but I have four adults, and they've had their own challenges.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, teachermom2834 said:

Didn’t request an invite when this was first posted. I must have been feeling confident. LOL. But I have been thinking about digging up this thread and requesting and invite so when it resurfaced today I guessed it was meant to be.

I have 21, 19, 16, and 11. 

14 hours ago, Hilltopmom said:

Me too please!!

18 hours ago, BlueGables said:

I need an invite. 3 in this age group. Would love advice on how NOT to go through this with 14 & 16 yr old.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:19 AM, Suzanne in ABQ said:

I'm there with two.  I'd love to be invited.

Done

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

I don't know if I previously asked for an invite - but I'd like one.  though my kid that is the "would give the best parents in the world a run for their money" - is only 14.  but I have four adults, and they've had their own challenges.

30 minutes ago, TravelingChris said:

I missed this post first time around.  Please add me too.  All mint are in this group.  And yes, I found adulthood and almost adulthood to be the hardest parenting and still do-- all the concern and no real power makes it super hard.

3 hours ago, Teaching3bears said:

Invite please. 18, 15, 13

43 minutes ago, Kalmia said:

I'd like an invite. Nineteen-going-on-twenty kid with ASD and dysgraphia, so smart, but failing spectacularly at keeping up with assignments at college and managing his own self-care. 

3 hours ago, Ktgrok said:

I'd like to be added - my son is 20. 

done

I would like an invitation too. Though I have rarely posted during my years here, I often am found to say to my sisters (who live out of state from me), "On the WTM, I learned...". You all are my people though I usually sit quietly on the side lines learning and nodding my head.

My son is 21 and in his senior year at university. My second child is 6 years old, so all the friends I went through the homeschool journey with when I homeschooled my son K-12 have moved on to their after homeschooling life. I have worked very hard to be connected to the homeschool moms in my local homeschool community with young children, but I am old enough to be a mom to some of the moms. These dear ladies aren't many years older than my son, and they are in the trenches with littles.  I would love some support from others in the trenches with young adults.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2019 at 1:07 PM, ByeByeMartha said:

I'm interested!😊 I have a 19 yo. Will this be a private group? I'd love to be part of a very supportive, encouraging group for moms of older kiddos!

This is currently a closed group. I haven't been able to figure out how to switch it to private. I've emailed and stuff but no luck.

• 2 weeks later...