Menu
Jump to content

What's with the ads?

fairfarmhand

A New Social Club for Parents of Older Teens and Adult Children

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

I’d be interested in an invite.

Kids: 25, 24, 22, 20, 18, 17, 15, 13, 10, 8, & 3.

And cannot believe that your youngest one is already 3!!!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scarlett said:

And cannot believe that your youngest one is already 3!!!!  

 

Me either! But my 25 year old is complaining I better hurry up and have twins so I guess it’s just a mom thing. 🤣

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love an invite. We call our youngest two kidults because even though they are technically adults, they all too often act like kids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would appreciate an invite. I has two 21 yos and an 18 yo to contribute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hippiemamato3 said:

I would like an invite. I have 17 and 19 year old boys.

 

2 hours ago, Kalypso said:

Please add me. I have 4 in this age range.

 

 

2 hours ago, Pawz4me said:

Me, please? My young men are 20 and 23.

 

2 hours ago, GoodGrief1 said:

I'd like in! 24, 21, and 15.

 

2 hours ago, mommaduck said:

May I have an invite? 23, 21, 19, 18, 16, 13, 11, and 8

 

2 hours ago, Thatboyofmine said:

I’d like an invite.  Mine is 18.  Thank you for this FFH! 

 

1 hour ago, StephanieZ said:

me!

 

1 hour ago, 6wildhorses said:

Please send me an invite. My oldest kids are 20 and 17. Thanks!

 

1 hour ago, Melissa in Australia said:

Please send me an invite. 

 

59 minutes ago, Pen said:

Invite me please!!!

 

56 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Invite me please.

 

 

55 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

I’d be interested in an invite.

Kids: 25, 24, 22, 20, 18, 17, 15, 13, 10, 8, & 3.

 

53 minutes ago, Penguin said:

Invite me, please. All three of mine are young adults.

I stopped opening up to  my IRL friends about my kids a long time ago, and I have never been comfortable doing it on the boards. But I have written countless imaginary posts to all of you, asking for your advice 🙂 

 

46 minutes ago, Annie G said:

I’d love an invite. We call our youngest two kidults because even though they are technically adults, they all too often act like kids. 

 

20 minutes ago, history-fan said:

I’d appreciate an invite👋

 

7 minutes ago, saw said:

I would appreciate an invite. I has two 21 yos and an 18 yo to contribute. 

Ok, I sent invites to all of you. If it doesn't show up, please let me know, I may have mistyped. Also, if your name hasn't been quoted, and you haven't gotten an invitation, pm me and I'll invite you. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also love an invite.  My oldest 4 are boys, ages 22, 19, almost 18, and 16.  I felt like I had a great support group for me back in VA, but when we moved a year ago, it's been harder to find people to open up to about my older kids, since I just don't know people here as well. This group is obviously a popular idea!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I have an invite? My oldest is 17, turning 18 over the winter, and I'm seeing lots of changes in our relationship this school year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, AFwife Claire said:

I would also love an invite.  My oldest 4 are boys, ages 22, 19, almost 18, and 16.  I felt like I had a great support group for me back in VA, but when we moved a year ago, it's been harder to find people to open up to about my older kids, since I just don't know people here as well. This group is obviously a popular idea!  

 

34 minutes ago, beckyjo said:

May I have an invite? My oldest is 17, turning 18 over the winter, and I'm seeing lots of changes in our relationship this school year. 

 

24 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

I’d love an invite! 

 

24 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I'd like an invite too!

 

4 minutes ago, StellaM said:

When you get a moment, I'd like an invite too. 

My two eldest are 22 and 20.

Done

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Penguin said:

 But I have written countless imaginary posts to all of you, asking for your advice 🙂

 

Me, too!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

It can be very scary. The hardest thing about parenting is that you don't know whether you've done a good job until it's too late to do anything about it!

I think women often struggle with how complicated parenting can be. It's not as simple as : do a, b, and c and x, y, and z will occur. 

 

I admit that I was of the basic belief that once they could make their own sandwich, wipe their own bottom, and brush their own teeth, I was going to be good to go.  I don't remember being all that difficult after that!  so of course I have a zillion little kids, the oldest of whom are just entering the teen years, and I am starting to realize that 4 teenagers might be harder than 4 toddlers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love an invite. 2 of mine are graduated but still at home and we are navigating young adulthood!  🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JayneJ said:

Would love an invite. 2 of mine are graduated but still at home and we are navigating young adulthood!  🙂 

 

1 hour ago, Familia said:

All young adults here. May I please be invited?  Thank you!

 

1 hour ago, peacelovehomeschooling said:

Could I have an invite please.  Mine are 15 and and adult.

 

1 hour ago, sassenach said:

Invite please 🙂

25, 22, 19, 17, 15

 

1 hour ago, Noreen Claire said:

Could I get an invite, please? I have an alleged adult living in my basement. 😒

 

2 hours ago, J-rap said:

Sure, I have five young adult children now!

Invited

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(waves hand frantically....)

Me too, please?  17 year old and 15 year old. 

 

 

Edited by Zoo Keeper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could this long time lurker also have an invite?  My children are 18 and 16, and I would love to commiserate with all of you.  Parenting older children/young adults has given me more anxiety and sleepless nights than my toddlers did!  It has been quite an unexpected turn that I don't see discussed very often.

Thank you for starting this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frances said:

I’d like an invite, please. One young adult.

 

2 hours ago, Zoo Keeper said:

(waves hand frantically....)

Me too, please?  17 year old and 15 year old. 

 

 

 

43 minutes ago, Ducksmom said:

Invite, please! 22, 17, 17 and two littler kids.  

 

37 minutes ago, Big Buckin' Longhorn said:

May I have an invite? My kids are adults, I’m not sure how “young” we’re talking. 26 and 29. The oldest will be 30 (OMG!) next month. 

 

 

11 minutes ago, jjae3578 said:

Could this long time lurker also have an invite?  My children are 18 and 16, and I would love to commiserate with all of you.  Parenting older children/young adults has given me more anxiety and sleepless nights than my toddlers did!  It has been quite an unexpected turn that I don't see discussed very often.

Thank you for starting this!

Invitation sent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to join. I have 2 young adults. I tend to be really protective of their privacy in public spaces. I just sent a request through the group.

Thank you! What a great idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BeachGal said:

I’d like to join, too. Mine are 22 to 36.

 

8 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

I'd love to join. I have 2 young adults. I tend to be really protective of their privacy in public spaces. I just sent a request through the group.

Thank you! What a great idea!

 

22 minutes ago, Jann in TX said:

Me too please! 

All 3 girls 17-29  and parenting is HARDER than ever!

 

 

10 minutes ago, FuzzyCatz said:

Sign me up.  My oldest is going to be 19 next month.

 

5 minutes ago, Splash1 said:

I'd like an invite please.  Mine are now, 24, 22, 20, 18, and 13

Done

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Patty Joanna said:

OH, please invite me.   DS age 24.

 

6 minutes ago, sgo95 said:

Me too, please!  My older two are 15 and 17.  Thank you!

Okay! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with some of the earlier posters - in that I am not comfortable with sharing IRL now that they are adults.  I can't believe that the baby is 18 and away at college. 

2 girls - ages 21 and 18.

I'd love an invite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 1:15 PM, katilac said:

Sounds terrifying. I'm in! 

Aren’t those the foolish words that got us all into this mess to begin with? 😉

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like an invitation, please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, great idea!  Please send me an invite.  I have a 21 year old and an almost 18 year old.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, freesia said:

I'd like an invite-mine are almost 19, 16, 14, 10.

 

7 hours ago, vmsurbat1 said:

i'd love to join.  5 kids, 24-32 (Yikes!). 

 

 

7 hours ago, CindyH in NC said:

I'm with some of the earlier posters - in that I am not comfortable with sharing IRL now that they are adults.  I can't believe that the baby is 18 and away at college. 

2 girls - ages 21 and 18.

I'd love an invite. 

 

6 hours ago, Quill said:

I would like an invitation, please. 

 

6 hours ago, FuzzyCatz said:

Ok, how do we find this group?  I'm not seeing it?  

 

5 hours ago, Homeschool Mom in AZ said:

Me too.  I have a 23 year old with bipolar ll.

 

5 hours ago, Matryoshka said:

Invite me too!  I have two 21yos and an 18yo.   Will this be a private group (only members can read)?  

 

5 hours ago, AprilTN said:

Yes, great idea!  Please send me an invite.  I have a 21 year old and an almost 18 year old.  

 

1 hour ago, iamonlyone said:

I would like an invite too. My three are 24, 22, and 19. Thank you!

 

34 minutes ago, OhioMomof3 said:

I'd like an invite, too. Thanks!

Done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else surprised at how big this group is and so quickly?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...