Menu

If you have any experience w anxiety mixed w depression....

Chris in VA

If you or someone you know were on meds, what would they mix with an SSRI? I am having trouble finding information on dual diagnoses and meds used. My loved one is on Zoloft and talk was about just upping dosage but the desire is to add a med and thereby keep side effects low (like, two meds at a low dosage would have less potential side effects than just a higher dose of the SSRI). 

Any experience would be helpful. This is not something I am personally involved in, I am just managing my own anxiety by researching🙄😁.

Edited by Chris in VA

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

Well, 3/4 people in our family have been taking it with SSRIs, one including Zoloft, for almost ten years.  The person taking buspar and Zoloft is a kid who started Zoloft at five and buspar at eight.  

Oh wow. I know Zoloft can do double -duty itself; I guess the concern is too much serotonin flooding the system? Meds are tricky. Glad your person found something that works. I appreciate your input. 

• Like 1

I've switched between Zoloft and Paxil quite a bit. I went on Zoloft whenever I was pregnant, but my doctor preferred me on Paxil when I was not pregnant because as an antidepressant it is much better at treating anxiety as well. So maybe ask the doctor about switching the SSRI to Paxil or something similar. It is very common for depression and anxiety to co-exist.

Edited by OH_Homeschooler