Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

• 5 classes
  • order ds yearbook
  • find my insurance card???
  • homeschool girls
  • walk- 10k steps
  • get dinner done before TKD (put pork on at lunch)
  • lifting at gym-review video for exericise
  • run to store for buns
  • find out when appt is, I didn't put it in the calendar
  • cat nap at least, I've been snacking more due to fatigue, most nap, not eat
  • plan snacks and lunch for zoo trip tomorrow, in case I need to pick up anything tonight

I did finish my list yesterday but never came back to update. It was a decent day, hoping for a good one today. I finally got my online store for the Troop fixed, hopefully the next time I go to add items I don't have issue because I'm still not sure what I did wrong.

Edited by soror
  • Like 8

Morning all!

I'm coming down with that change of season "is it my allergies or is it a cold?" thing and I feel kind of achy and bobblehead-ish.  Today should be fun! :wacko:

Anyway, today's list:

• more coffee. I'm going to need it 🙂
  • morning dishes
  • start laundry
  • school with the younger ones
  • school with the older ones
  • laundry in the dryer
  • lunch and afternoon dishes
  • more school
  • catch up more on grading
  • I was supposed to go to a baby shower tonight, but now I'm not so sure I should...
  • soup for supper (maybe some kind of chicken noodle...) with whatever muffins I feel like making.
  • Like 8

Good morning!  Regular day here.

-coffee
-DS18 off to school
-school with DS14
-workout
-laundry DONE: 3
-vacuum whole house (this has been on list every day since Monday...)
-scrub shower
-rake leaves that have fallen off tulip poplar
-drug store
-dog to vet for surgery on his rear end growth.  Sigh.

-dinner (no idea) - steak and baked potato

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 8

Good morning! This has been the longest week- I cannot believe it is only Thursday. 

• coffee/paper
  • dd2 off to school
  • water garden
  • get ds3 going on school
  • babysit
  • pick up prescription for ds3
  • home to chores, school, etc
  • ds3 to hs match
  • watch match
  • home- figure out dinner
  • Not sure what else is going to get done

Have a great day!

• Like 8

Good morning!

Scout, I hope your mom's surgery goes well!

And Pink and Green, same for your dog!

I'm annoyed. It's been storming since I got up at 5:30 and I haven't been able to get morning chores done. Just what we needed - more rain...sigh. Haven't been able to take a shower, either, because the lightning is nonstop.

• get horse chores done 
  • shower
  • make shopping list
  • errands (gas, bank, post office)
  • get groceries
  • vacuum upstairs (maybe this will finally happen today)
  • put away clean clothes (really need to think about decluttering my closet...)
  • dinner: tacos, rice, & slaw
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 8

I've really been up since 4am... the late shower/reading in bed for an hour notwithstanding.  Now, I'm either enjoying 2nd breakfast or 1st lunch...not sure how that goes yet.

• Swim Practice (5-7), complete with 2 cups of coffee
  • Work on freelance job (finished & turned in)
  • Shower/Read
  • Computer time with 2nd breakfast (more caffeine) Apply for jobs.  Follow up on leads.
  • Unpack/sort more boxes (believe it or not, I am making progress on this)
  • Menuplan for next week
  • Prep for Swim Practice (coaching) tonight 
  • Coach
  • BED
  • Like 8

Most of yesterday's list, since I got little done.

Work work work.

Really want to do some exercise today!

The house is getting scary - need to clean it up.

Kids' work - I think they have 2 tests tomorrow, plus homework & music practice.

Figure out how to bring peace to the house.  Ha!!  Either that or find a monastery that will let me stay for a year or two.

• Like 9

Hi. My acute pain has subsided for the moment to bad pain with the edge taken off it. This has been a flare up thing for years. I have wondered for years if I should poke the bearish body part and try to get massage or physical therapy on it. But even if you use insurance it’s rigged that you pay out of pocket for the deductible and just as the insurance payments are supposed to take over, you run out of allowable visits. And I am trying desperately to pay down debt etc. If I knew 100% that therapy would actually improve things I might go for it anyway. But I have done lots of therapy over the years that has helped very short term and hasn’t ultimately improved my life. More life improving moves have been ones I have discovered on my own and have implemented in my bumbling way. 

Just trying to think this through. 

Continuing to think this through. The chiropractor does work on this area (which is why there is improvement). And I am guzzling magnesium which helps. And my morning exercises were, in theory, designed to help lessen flare ups like this. So I really am not ignoring it and doing nothing. 

• Like 8

Morning!

My today is being rearranged, as apparently Imelda is still looping back and bringing more rain back our direction. Much worse over to the east of us (they are having a "about as bad as Harvey" incident....really pray for them), but this band looping back seems to be bad enough to impact the places I need to drive to this afternoon. No way I'm going out in that, so, fencing will be Saturday instead (assuming it's actually over/gone by then). 

Thankful our side is okay, but.....wow. Praying for those off in the east. 

So, my list....

...put away clean clothes
....see what needs washing, wash it
...do school with DS14
...finish working on my school stuff
...sew
...watch the weather, keep checking in with DS18 who is at college in an area slightly more impacted than us -- he's still dealing with a leak in his ceiling, and I sent him ideas on keeping his shoes, backpack, etc. dry while walking to/from class; just need to touch base to be sure he's okay emotionally through all this. 

Wow, they just shared on the news that some areas are actually experiencing more than they had during Harvey.  They just announced "Flash Flood Emergency" for the county over from us. It's north of us at the moment, rain rates of 3-5" per hour persisting over the next 2+ hours.  I can't tell from the radar if we personally will get it, or not; looks like maybe DS will at his college. I do not love having my kids in different places from me. 😞 It looks like the worst of it is still going to stay east of us/him, but I hate having to rely on the news to tell what's happening where he is. 😞 

Okay, they just did the "future track" -- looks like it should pass us by tonight; DS should be out of it by about 3 today. ugh. 

Going to get food and get to work on school stuff.....

• Like 7

human care done

pet care done

medical done late.  I'm not sure if this was a good decision but I took out one of my pills because it was so late and I thought that it could mess things up by taking it late.  We'll see if that was a good decision as the day goes on, I guess. 

morning exercises done

I have wasted a lot of time reading articles on the Internet.

Oh - I did reboot the dishwasher so I'm not a total slug. 

• Like 4

Morning work done. I did not find my insurance card so I called and am having one sent to me and then set up my account online to get digital access. 

Homeschool done, the girls have been working extra through the week and have been getting much faster as we've gotten in the groove of school.

I put the pork in the instant pot and need to work on side dishes but I'm going to take a nap first. 

Still have to figure out lunch and snacks to take with us tomorrow. 

• Like 5

My body aches, my head is raging, and I have chills.  So I guess it's not just allergies. 😞

School did get done -- older boys have some loose ends to tie up, but that's on them, not me.

Dishes still piled up by the kitchen sink, but I don't care.

4 older kids are off to various sports games/practices.

I'm going to convince the preschooler to take a nap along with me. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Well, I am getting mostly nothing done and watching news instead. This Imelda is behaving like Harvey did with the whole "make landfall, sit around, go back out, etc." and has just hit #7 on the list of most rainfall producing *tropical* systems in the US in history (3 of those were in Houston). Harvey had 60", Imelda is currently at 41". 

We personally are in a not badly hit area, at all, and are totally fine (watching rain/lightning right now) but the freeways are more or less shut down,  the lightning I can see from my house is scary/cool, Metro is shut down (all bus, train, etc.), a building roof collapsed from the weight of the rain (not near us).....people who were on the road in lots of places have been stuck on the road for 3+ hours....my niece is hunkered down at a gas station, because her boss sent her home "before it gets bad" only she ran into high water, so.....hopefully my sister updates when my niece makes it home. 

--------------------

paused to turn off the electronics for a bit during the lightning parts, and back now...

...got school done with DS14
....talked to DS18, his college cancelled classes, food services will be open, he's in good spirits and hoping he can get on campus tutoring for a Calc quiz; I may have him skype my stepmom if he can't find something (likely the tutoring is closed)
....DH is planning to come home early; he's further south of the rain, so his route should be fine. Some of his employees, I'm not sure; I should clean up in case anyone comes here to hang with us. Watching the news is....well, crazy. 
....the kitten keeps going in & out, crazy thing. 
...working on scheduling my math stuff for my class and watching the news.....

• Like 4

Waiting for ds3 to do his routine warm up before he goes to the other warmup.

His team is playing one of the favorites to win state, so it is going to be a bloodbath.

It wouldn't be so awful if that team was nicer or less entitled.

Or not in our district.

Edited by MysteryJen
Missing word
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Up at 3am with twin 1 to catch the 3.50am bus and start the 6 hour public transport trip to Melbourne. 

Go to the zoo with twin 1 for an hour or so. The zoo is literally beside the children's hospital. Very convenient. 

Spend the rest of the afternoon in the hotel so twin 1 can rest his leg. 

Found out ds15 came second in the state finals for his fruit cake 

Tomorrow morning twin 1 has post op check up and we will then hop right  back on the train then bus for the trip home

• Like 5