Menu

Simple skin cleansing/acne care wipes

mom31257

Ds has developed more acne than he used to have, but he's a bit lazy and won't do a complicated skin care routine. Can any of you recommend a cleansing wipe that will clean and help with acne at the same time?

I'm thinking a wipe and throw away thing I could get him to do. I guess he's not bothered enough by it to do something else, but I don't want him to have skin damage and would like it nicer for some pictures this fall. 

My ds loves these. I use them a few times a week also. I don't have acne, but I have enlarged pores. They're not cleansing wipes, however. They're excellent acne wipes. For some reason. we can never find them in most drug stores, but we get them from amazon. Wipes are generally not good, since they tug. Paula's Choice is wonderful for most things. Here are their acne products. 

My kids use this and the coordinating wipes. Both of them have seen marked improvement. The best medicine tho is a daily shower and supplemental face wash at night. My son was starting to get blackheads on his nose until I laid down the hygiene law!

https://www.grove.co/catalog/product/tomatoes-charcoal-detoxifying-cleanser?offer=g-pla-st&utm_content=yes-to&v=1423&utm_source=google&utm_medium=nonbrand_pla&utm_campaign=acq-Personal+Care+Top+US+l_M1+61ca&utm_term=1423&gclid=CjwKCAjwq4fsBRBnEiwANTahcDkdYl7OdO1lqiDpcp4BjoXasluUt51V56UOra6GQaH3hBAqj9CJMxoCpSYQAvD_BwE

Edited by Sneezyone

Our dermatologist recommended the Stridex one, particularly after sweating a lot.  I wouldn't recommend a cleansing wipe unless he rinses after.  They can leave fragrance and even mild cleaners on your skin which can be irritating.  And as Negin mentioned, can tug on the skin.  There are soap free/fragrance free ones, which I assume are less irritating.  I have no experience with them.

• Like 1

My only concern with them using JUST a wipe is that it can be drying and there needs to be a moisturizer follow up. This is why there are routines. My eleven year old is finally using one (he has five sisters and two older brothers to all encourage him in this and have helped with choosing products. Cleansers and toners both come with SA in it now for those with really bad cases and then the girls added a mild moisturizer to his routine...the label is off, so I'm not sure what it is).

• Like 1