Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

AM exercise (walk/run)

School drop off

counseling for younger son then school drop off

One audit prep, one tax form, two reconciliations and a partridge in a pear tree

One new client proposal

school pick ups (early release day)

handwriting and math practice for younger son

dinner

30 minutes cleaning

some laundry 

• Like 8

• teach 5 classes
  • homeschool the girls
  • clean kitchen, sweep floors
  • load or 2 of laundry (washer went out Sunday right after I got caught up so I have a load or 2 to do)
  • call clinic to schedule blood draw for upcoming appt.
  • make double batch of pumpkin pancakes

• assist dd2 with supper
  • nap if tired (I've been exhausted lately- stupid virus or allergies)
  • work on Troop store some more, see if I can fix the glitch
  • type of agenda for Monday's Troop meeting-?? if feeling spunky and have time
  • walk and 10k steps, I generally hit that much but since fighting off this bug it has been a struggle
Edited by soror
  • Like 7

It is 4:18 and I am absolutely failing sleep tonight. Or this morning. Whatever.

I am in such pain. I took pain meds a couple of hours ago. Didn’t work. And I turned off the a/c because I was cold even with blankets and that makes me tense up, making everything worse. I am so tired that it’s hard to see straight but my stupid muscles won’t relax enough to sleep. 

Tomorrow- I mean today- I need to suck it ip, do my Lamaze breathing and start up my morning exercises again. And I need to get into the chiropractor ASAP to be put back together again. (As an aside, I have used my Lamaze breathing more for getting through everyday life than I ever did for labor and delivery. )

• Sad 8

((Jean))

((Melissa)) How is surgery recovery going? For twin and for you?

Today is a crazy day. 

Orthodontist appt for ds.

School 

Pick up milk

Online class for me

More school

Piano lessons - take the check!!

Church

AHG things

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 7

(((Jean)))

Good morning!  Regular Wednesday here.  DH is taking DS14 to co-op for me so I can stay home with the dog who is pumped full of diuretics and peeing his brains out.  

-coffee
-DS18 off to school and DS14 off to co-op
-workout (kickboxing)
-call doctor (started out with what I thought was a few mosquito bites after being outside, now is full fledged rash spreading all over) - may just go to urgent care clinic
-call dad to see if he has any ideas about a plumbing issue we are having (DS14 turned on the water in one sink in his bathroom and it won't turn off - I cannot find a plumber that I like around here so hoping dad can walk me through an easy fix)
-take DS18 to follow up appointment with surgeon and PT to see where he is with shoulder at 1 pm
-laundry
-vacuum (didn't do yesterday)
-rake some leaves (we have a huge tulip poplar tree that is dropping leaves like crazy already)
-research end of season zone 8 care for hydrangeas, peonies, daylillies, and other plants I have in my yard
-dinner (no idea at this point)

• Like 7

Good morning!

• office work - get my desk under control, go through credit card bills, order stamps
  • schedule an appointment
  • the cleaning I didn't get to yesterday - vacuum upstairs, vacuum living room furniture, clean kitchen light fixtures
  • declutter dining room
  • groom horses
  • make cookies
  • 2:00 appt. for online cognitive behavioral therapy
  • Weds. afternoon coffee date w/dh
  • dinner: white lasagna soup
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 7

Hugs to Jean, Melissa, and Pink and Green and your dog!

The usuals are done. Today is going to be a bit busy. because I found out a cousin lives down in Macon, and I'm going to have lunch with her. We weren't really close with her family, but she is my mother's first cousin. With Mother gone, it will be nice to connect with someone who grew up knowing her when I didn't. 

• do math with ds before I leave
  • have lunch with cousin
  • come back home and check in on school with ds
  • go to church to organize some children's ministry stuff
  • back home to cook dinner
  • back to church for services
  • do a little more in dd's room (but I made very good progress last night!)
  • Like 8

After two late nights, definitely tired this morning. I just got back from taking ds3 to tennis and dd2 left for school. My friend cancelled lunch, so I have a little extra time today.

• coffee/paper
  • dr appt for me
  • home to chores, school with ds3
  • nap
  • read, more school with ds3
  • ds3 to hs tennis
  • dentist with dd2
  • home to figure out easy dinner- pasta?
  • go to bed early

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Good morning!

We're getting a steady, but not bad, rain from a tropical storm/depression sitting up below us; most of the bad rain should stay south & east of me. DS18, who is in a middle floor of his dorm, has a leak from his ceiling. Best we can tell is that the window in the room above his must leak, and that's dripping down through their floor/DS's ceiling. Maintenance has been told, but of course can't do anything "till the rain stops." ha. Next week...? He's coping with a trash can catching the water in the meantime. 

Today I have...

...take DS14 to his science class
...run errands while he's there: buy the correct book for my math class, swing by my back-up quilt shop for a fabric color I can't find at my main one
...talk to the directors where DS takes class/I teach about how to price the private tutoring I was asked to do (the directors suggested this, and I'm clueless since it needs to fit in the structure of other stuff we offer there)
...take DS14 to help pick out a collar w/bell for kitty so we maybe don't have mice brought in (alive, to run around and play in my dining room...) anymore....
...home for lunch
...do DS14's other school work 
...sew (working on niece's quilt)(not one I've showed pics of yet)
...keep researching/planning what I'll do for this tutoring student
...print timeline pages for my 1st grade class
....find out if DS14 is going to church tonight or not, and decide on dinner accordingly

• Like 6

Happy Wednesday!

• Up until 2:something working on some online orders.  Kid's birthday is coming up.  Also other kid did not grow into her size 11 school shoes (is that good or bad) and her teacher is complaining about it ; also her clarinet teacher says get different reeds and her horse teacher says get different reins.  That kid is high maintenance!
  • Slept about 4.5 hours.  Got up somewhat late, but earlier than yesterday.
  • Kids were putzy and disorganized and had to run to the bus again.  Housemate again with her helpful "why don't you *make* them come down on time?"
  • Much needed coffee!
  • Fed the bird.
  • Took out the garbage.  There was a leak as someone clearly dumped something liquid in there.  Cleaned up the leak.  Gonna have to school some people later.
  • A little housework.
  • Opened and filed some mail.
  • Texted the kids' driver.
  • Caught up on news, emails, social media.
  • Checked today's calendar.
  • Worried a lot about work stress.

To do:

• Many work reports.
  • Call the IRS for a client.
  • Conference call.
  • Some exercise, reading, and house work.
  • Kids have trumpet / horse riding - driver will drive them.
  • Kids' work.  Homework, test study, and hopefully some responsible household behavior.  Ha!
  • 1 or 2 loads of laundry.  (Kids need gym suits tomorrow.)
  • Whatever else gets done.
Edited by SKL
  • Like 7

Cleaned kitchen & ran dishwasher

Made breakfast for dh

Started a load of blankets

Ordered stamps (USPS has been on a boring streak with their stamps this year, but today they had a few interesting ones. Ordered frogs, t rex, and military working dogs.)

Made a couple phone calls.

• Like 6

Done:

AM exercise (walk/run)

School drop off

One audit prep

Need still to complete:

AM exercise (walk/run)

one tax form, two reconciliations and a partridge in a pear tree

One new client proposal

school pick ups (early release day)

handwriting and math practice for younger son

dinner

30 minutes cleaning

some laundry 

plus, I am now picking up my nieces too.  Dinner may be pizza, but whatever.  

• Like 7

Home. The directors think I can charge a LOT for the tutoring. I'm not so sure. Ack. DH and I need to think about this. 

Eating lunch, taking a break, trying to find out from my son if his car was towed or not (got an email with his name & a reference number, but no real info in the body, and an attachment of the towing/parking rules.....so we're not sure if that means they towed it, here's why, or just they sent out a reminder to everyone of the rules. He's supposed to go check, but no reply back from him yet....)

Next up, school stuff. 

• Like 5

Jean, Juliet is a real beauty and Aria is so cute!

Here's what else I got done today:

Decluttered the dining room & got rid of other people's stuff that has been piled on the hutch for months. It looks so much better now - I keep looking over that way to admire it. Lol. Feel like I am slowly making progress in clearing away the mess that accumulated over the summer.

Dusted & vacuumed the living room, including thoroughly vacuuming the furniture. Also washed the windows.

Cleaned kitchen light fixtures as best I could - hard to get streaks off the glass shades.

Saved three wasps that for some unknown reason were flying around in the house.

Had coffee w/dh.

Texted the boys.

Did horse chores, including a quick 5 minute grooming session for each one. They really need baths.

Washed another load of blankets.

Made iced coffee and hibiscus tea.

Emptied a few garbage cans.

• Like 4

Typed a long, complainy, gripey update. Decided I'm being unreasonably irritable/grumpy and you guys do not want me spewing that all over your motivational "get stuff done" thread. 

So, my updated list:
...school with DS -- done
...find out about DS21's car -- texted, he's checking after class
...find out about DS18's leaking ceiling -- need to text him, but he's in class
...decide on church for DS14 -- the forecast for the night looks foreboding, so I'm calling that a no unless DH vetoes me
...decide on dinner -- roast beets, potatoes, peppers, garlic (?) served with whichever pack of meat I pull out (hopefully chicken)
...research the tutoring gig -- price sheet planner thing downloaded; resources added to my TPT wish list; a vague idea formulated to submit to the parents

I'm going to watch an ER & work on my school stuff (scheduling math for a kid who's a bit advanced, and readers for 2 advanced kids) until DH gets home. And some herbal tea to maybe chill out whatever's making me cranky. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheReader said:

Typed a long, complainy, gripey update. Decided I'm being unreasonably irritable/grumpy and you guys do not want me spewing that all over your motivational "get stuff done" thread. 

So, my updated list:
...school with DS -- done
...find out about DS21's car -- texted, he's checking after class
...find out about DS18's leaking ceiling -- need to text him, but he's in class
...decide on church for DS14 -- the forecast for the night looks foreboding, so I'm calling that a no unless DH vetoes me
...decide on dinner -- roast beets, potatoes, peppers, garlic (?) served with whichever pack of meat I pull out (hopefully chicken)
...research the tutoring gig -- price sheet planner thing downloaded; resources added to my TPT wish list; a vague idea formulated to submit to the parents

I'm going to watch an ER & work on my school stuff (scheduling math for a kid who's a bit advanced, and readers for 2 advanced kids) until DH gets home. And some herbal tea to maybe chill out whatever's making me cranky. 

I spewed at 4:18 in the morning.  😉  We are all here for each other. 

• Like 4

Done:

AM exercise (walk/run)

School drop off

One audit prep

two reconciliations 

One new client proposal

school pick ups (early release day)

handwriting and math practice for younger son

Pick up nieces

my husband pinch hit on dinner some laundry  and the rest of the laundry, imagine, will still be there tomorrow!  

Hoping to finish tonight:

tax form 

• Like 3