Menu

Clock with a pleasant sounding alarm?

ScoutTN

I’m going to go with iPad. Sorry; I know you said you want an actual clock. But, about a year ago, I forced dh to abandoned our old, horrible, disturbing alarm clock and instead I set my iPad up with bedtime parameters and chose the most lovely, gentle, progressively increasing “water droplets” kind of chime. I absolutely love it beyond imagining. I do not think we are meant to begin our day being blared at with a discordant racket. 

PS, I should mention that dh still insists on having the clock sitting there; he still wants to be able to determine the time at a glance. I have just turned the alarms OFF and only use the bedtime iPad gentle alarm, which is just indescribably nice. 

• Like 2

On 9/18/2019 at 7:00 AM, Quill said:

I’m going to go with iPad. Sorry; I know you said you want an actual clock. But, about a year ago, I forced dh to abandoned our old, horrible, disturbing alarm clock and instead I set my iPad up with bedtime parameters and chose the most lovely, gentle, progressively increasing “water droplets” kind of chime. I absolutely love it beyond imagining. I do not think we are meant to begin our day being blared at with a discordant racket. 

PS, I should mention that dh still insists on having the clock sitting there; he still wants to be able to determine the time at a glance. I have just turned the alarms OFF and only use the bedtime iPad gentle alarm, which is just indescribably nice. 

This sounds wonderful!  It reminds me of college. My roommate had a big radio/stereo thing, like most people did back in the early-mid 90s, and you could set the alarm to play whatever CD you had in it.  We woke up every morning to the gentle strains of the Princess Bride theme song, which was such a nice way to wake up!  The only thing was we had to make sure we actually we up and out of bed by the time that really annoying village dancing song came on, lol.  

• Like 2