Menu

Who’s going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Today:

• teach 6 classes in am
  • call Council to get Troop registered for camp (since I can't do it online)
  • call or email Corps to set up service project for camping trip
  • text Troop reminders
  • pay for girl's art clas
  • work on online store for Troop

• homeschool girls
  • menu plan
  • gym for me/tkd kids
  • grocery shopping
Edited by soror
  • Like 8

Good morning!

Today: My MIL is coming by around 7! 

Get kids up and fed, and dd off to her tutorial.

Pack lunch while ds practices piano, then head out for the downtown library. School there, then a free concert at noontime. 

Come home after that? Head to the science center? Plan C? 

Remind dh to pick up dd and vegetables. 

Ds to Science class in the late afternoon, then home.

Call mom, for sure bc I forgot to yesterday.

Walk the dog after it cools off. 

• Like 9

Morning all!

today's list:

• make a bigger pot of coffee (didn't sleep well last night)
  • start laundry
  • morning dishes
  • start school with younger ones
  • switch laundry
  • school with older ones
  • lunch and afternoon dishes
  • make birthday cake for dd
  • school stuff
  • make birthday dinner for dd
  • relax tonight with family
Edited by Zoo Keeper
  • Like 9

Good morning!

• office work - lots
  • clean kitchen light fixtures
  • vacuum living room furniture
  • vacuum upstairs
  • empty garbage cans
  • walk down to back pastures to see how much it has dried up (we have gotten about 12" of rain over the past several days)
  • sweep out hay sheds
  • refill grain bins & dog food bins
  • make healthy cookies for dh
  • dd has a violin lesson
  • dinner: samosa rolls
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 9

Good morning!  Had a wonderful trip this past long weekend in the Hamptons and NYC.  Got to see my aunt and uncle, my best high school guy friend (who we haven't seen in 10 years), and two wonderful days to myself.  I didn't realize how much I love the city (actually, I thought I hated it LOL) but now I'm wishing I lived there.  I've also decided I want to travel alone regularly.  DH says go get a job, LOL.  Anyway, back to the grind here.

-coffee
-DS18 off to school (not sure i should add this to my list as I slept through it, LOL)
-school with DS14
-eyelash appointment at 10 am

-workout (leg day)
-laundry
-vacuum downstairs
-really should go to Publix but will probably not...
-do some research on end of season care for several shrubs/plants (never lived in this zone before so unsure of when I have to do certain things)
-one outdoor yard chore
-dinner (no DH tonight, so something premade)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Pink and Green Mom said:

And now I have to take the dog to the vet.  He has a huge bleeding growth that looks like it is coming out of his rear end.  UGH.  The dog is in early heart failure as it is and I am very worried about what this could possibly be.

(((Pink and Green))) I hope it is nothing serious.

• Like 8

((Pink and Green))- I am glad you had a nice trip. I love traveling solo- it is my favorite thing.

We got home around 1 am last night. As dh said, "What kind of family are we?" ds3 had a victory and we ate very late at our favorite dive bar. Now we have to arrange the second match (this one will not be close- into the seeds now) and ds3 has a hs match which takes priority. So the schedule might be flexible if we have to add in a match later

dd2 is sleeping in- sub in the first block and has PT later today.

• coffee/paper
  • general chores and pick up- all the things scattered in between the other things
  • dd2 off to school
  • more coffee
  • ds2 up and arranging the second match/school/ chem lab today
  • catch bus for away match
  • dd2 has PT (shoulder this time- semi annual tune up)
  • probably drive to watch match
  • dh has choir practice
  • Not sure about dinner- tacos, most likely

Have a great day!

• Like 8

Howdy.

I had a rough morning.  I had not really felt good going to bed last night, then I did not wake with my alarms.  By the time I got up, I still needed to review homework and pack gym bags (I had to wash the gym clothes overnight).  Boss telling me that it's better to be a morning person did not help.  There was no chance to meet the bus, but I drove them and they were probably not tardy.

I don't understand why this is so hard for me.  It takes me forever to get going.  Yesterday was a pretty good day after I got revved - I got a lot of work done and got my tax estimates out - but many days, I take so long to get going that by then, the day is pretty much over.  So despite some productive days, I am always always behind.

Looking at the symptoms of ADHD in women, I pretty much have all of them.  But knowing that doesn't really help.  I'm not about to go get medicated.  Drugs scare me.  Plus, I believe some of it is hormonal, and the drugs mess with the hormones.  (I am thinking of posting about peri/menopause and mental management for discussion.)

So anyway ... I want to be excited about all the fun and worthwhile things we have coming up.  I was up in the wee hours looking for an "owl prowl" to meet a scout badge requirement, and I signed us up for one on Friday night.  The kids have TKD, sports, social, and life skills stuff coming up.  We have tickets to several concerts/theater performances.  Yay!  I look forward to all of this, but I am also dreading the work deadlines and losing stuff and wondering what I am forgetting.  (I found my lost credit card - my kid had it in her pocket - but now one of my checkbooks is MIA.  Searching for it reminds me of how much organizing I need to do.  (I did figure out where I used it last, and maybe it is still there - in a vehicle I still need to search.)

And the health stuff - I was doing OK for a while, then fell off the bandwagon.  And every time I think about it - should I do that, or get one more work report out first?  Oh now I'm hungry, but I don't have a taste for leaves, and here are some snacks that are easy to eat ... well now that I just ate I can't exercise ....

And the kids - they are a disorganized mess, and I don't have the energy to be consistent with them - I call it "choosing my battles," but sometimes the battle is me vs. my tired ass.

Well anyway, here's where I am right now:

Done:

• Finished up 2 loads of laundry in the wee hours.
  • Signed up for Owl Prowl Friday night.
  • Slept too long.
  • Reviewed math and grammar.  Walked kid through corrections.
  • Packed gym bags.
  • Drove kids to school.
  • Got cash for cash-pay helpers.
  • Some emails re personal stuff.
  • Caught up on social media, emails, news.
  • 2 cups of coffee.
  • A little reading.  A little tiny bit of housework.

To do:

• Many work reports.
  • Call the IRS for a client.  Very stressful!
  • Try to get some housework and personal organizing done so I can feel better.
  • Kid 2 has horse riding.  I am driving today.
  • Kids' work - test study, homework, music practice.  Try to follow up on personal habits e.g. laundry in the bin etc.
  • Would like to do some running / conditioning with Kid 1.
  • Pizza night.
  • Might do another load or two of laundry.
  • Read-aloud?
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 7

ZooKeeper, happy Bday to your DD!

Selkie, that's a lot of rain! We're forecast for "up to 10 to 15 inches" between now and Friday, which always cracks me up the whole "up to (insert a range here)".....why not just say "up to 15 inches"?? Anyway, we'll see; current suggestions seem like we'll be on the low end. I hope!

Pink & Green, I'm glad your trip was fun, but I'm sorry about your dog. I hope it's nothing serious! (((hugs)))

Margaret, condolences on the loss of your friend, and your dd for the loss of the cadet; did she know this cadet well? It's so hard, things like that. This past week has seen a loss of a student due to car accident, and another girl in a separate hit & run (pedestrian v. auto) in serious condition at my oldest son's school. He didn't know either student, but still shakes up the community. 

SKL, I'm a lot like you. It's hard; I need to make myself get up off my rump and *do stuff* before allowing computer, tv, etc. I justify it with "I'm just going to check email, websites, etc. while I have my coffee & wake up..." and before I know it, three hours have gone by, it's time for lunch, and DH will be home in 5 hours or so.....oof. Not great. No idea of the fix, either; I mean, obviously the fix is "don't turn on the TV/pick up the computer until x time" but.....ha. Easier said than done. 

Anyway, chatting out of the way....my list. 

...coffee 
...clean closet -- halfway through this but stopped for a snack/breakfast
...school with DS
...call a mom of a student; she wants to ask me about ways for her son to get extra English practice, possibly paying me for extra tutoring
...text my college kids
...go buy a collar with a bell for the cat, so maybe she won't catch the stuff she's hunting
...help DH with a report he's writing for work (I'm his....editor? proof-reader?)
...do some sewing
....reply to a text for a quilt retreat weekend -- I get to go! Yay!! 
...work on my school stuff
...check status of laundry, do some if needed (surprisingly, with only the 3 of us home, 2 loads a week seems to be working for clothes)
...dinner -- I am very tired of our limited options right now. After the emergency meat cook-off when the freezer died, we have chicken, pulled pork, or brisket. Already cooked, so easy, but coming up with ways to make those three things not taste like the same thing every single night.....I'm over it. I had *really* hoped to use it for my "Monday Meals" and have regular meat for cooking the rest of the week......only, w/o the freezer, there's no room to buy meat to do that. :sigh: I know, I know....good problem to have, but.....I'm bored. 

Okay, food, back to finish the closet, school with DS, then check in.....

• Like 8

Match set for late tonight. ds3 got permission from his hs coach to leave with me when the match is over instead of taking the bus back.  Whew- I better take a nap!

Done:

laundry

emptied dishwasher and cleaned up kitchen

finished a book

did some garden planning

Next up:

trash/recycling out to cans

general pick up

• Like 7

Zookeeper, happy birthday to your dd!

Pink and Green, how's your dog? 

Margaret, sorry about your friend! Sometimes I think my ds can be a bit like that kid you mentioned, except not begrudging things. He's very literal and will do anything you ask but doesn't always see other things that need doing. He never complains about helping with dishes, doing yard work, etc., so I can't think it's a lazy thing. He does open doors for people, so there's that! 

• I tutored one student, and one comes tonight.
  • breakfast and lunch are done
  • ds has done some school but not the stuff with me
  • bills are paid

• Like 8

human care done

pet care done

medical care done including filling pill boxes that include my med tweak. 

It's raining but not the big storm that was forecast.  Which is fine by me!

graded and recorded American history.

graded and recorded American literature.

looked over Algebra 2 (but assignment not totally finished)

looked over Physics (but assignment not totally finished)

helped with Japanese.

went to pharmacy but they don't seem to carry my shampoo any more!

went to pet store.  Got something that hopefully will help the cat with hairballs.  TMI I know!

went to the grocery store.  Had fun chatting with my former neighbor as I went to his checkstand.  Oh and the grocery store had my shampoo.  So happy.  🙂

Fitbit seems to be done for other people.  I'm glad that it isn't just me. 

• Like 7

finished cleaning the closet; DH even noticed (he is home early/working from home today)

did school with DS

helped DH with his report (wait,  no, we didn't yet....my brain is fried.....ha! doing that now.....)

called the mom; she wants 1 hr/week private tutoring for her son in English (reading, writing, grammar, pronunciation, etc.)

spent....a while....online researching what on earth to use for this, how to structure the lessons, what to charge, how much work this is going to be, etc. I'll do it, but figuring out how much work involved will determine what to charge, so....need to formulate a plan. I have until Monday to let her know, then I told her she could take until the following Monday to decide she likes (or not) my plan, and we'd start in Oct. 

texted a friend about dinner on Saturday, and about the above tutoring thing

• Like 6

Dh was hungry, so he ate dinner before taking ds to swim. I just ate some and have my other student coming at 6:30. 

After tutoring, I need to tackle dd's room. She's coming home this weekend, so I need to get it ready for her. It's been my "office" since she moved to school, but not officially because she still has her own stuff in there. I guess that will change when she graduates and moves into a permanent place. 

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

My list was way too ambitious today...looks like I'll be cutting and pasting tomorrow!

I did sweep the haysheds, clean the very dirty stalls, and walk all the way down to the valley below us to check the pastures. Told dh that we seriously need to install a ski lift so I don't have to drag my sorry butt back up that hill all the time! The horses were very thrilled to get to go down the hill for the first time in over a week.

Otherwise, I did office work all day long.

Since dd has violin tonight, I was planning to make dinner early, but then I got caught up in a phone call and now I'm behind schedule.

• Like 5

Thanks everyone for asking about the dog.  His heart is incredibly enlarged and surrounded by a lot of fluid.  We sort of knew this was happening.  We had the vet that I cannot stand (she pushes you for all sorts of $$$$ procedures and then makes you feel like a jerk when you don't want to do them on your elderly dog).  She went further to tell me that his liver and spleen are very enlarged, and that he has a massive tumor in his stomach.  We are doing nothing about these things.  Scooby doesn't seem to be in any pain, and she put him on about $300 worth of heart meds per month to "make him comfortable."  Sigh.  I spent over $1000 today.  DH is going to be very not pleased.

The two growths are absolutely disgusting.  Can't have surgery to remove them b/c of the heart issue.  He goes back Thursday and the vet is going to give him a local and see what she can to do get rid of them.   Poor guy keeps lifting his tail way up in the air so this must hurt him a bit.

• Sad 6

Aww, Pink and Green, so sorry about your pup. It is so hard when they get old and things start going to heck. 🙁 And sorry about the vet, too - she sounds horrible! I'm thankful for our vets because they take the opposite approach and actually recommend against doing many procedures when the dog is elderly and ill. Hugs to you and your family!

• Like 5

I got everything done but my menu planning, I just winged it out the grocery store. I'll have to make the menu tomorrow.

I also got the kitchen cleaned up,  took a much needed nap, and a gift for dd3's babysitter at the gym. 

1 hour ago, Pink and Green Mom said:

Thanks everyone for asking about the dog.  His heart is incredibly enlarged and surrounded by a lot of fluid.  We sort of knew this was happening.  We had the vet that I cannot stand (she pushes you for all sorts of $$$$ procedures and then makes you feel like a jerk when you don't want to do them on your elderly dog).  She went further to tell me that his liver and spleen are very enlarged, and that he has a massive tumor in his stomach.  We are doing nothing about these things.  Scooby doesn't seem to be in any pain, and she put him on about $300 worth of heart meds per month to "make him comfortable."  Sigh.  I spent over $1000 today.  DH is going to be very not pleased.

The two growths are absolutely disgusting.  Can't have surgery to remove them b/c of the heart issue.  He goes back Thursday and the vet is going to give him a local and see what she can to do get rid of them.   Poor guy keeps lifting his tail way up in the air so this must hurt him a bit.

I'm so sorry about your dog 😞

1 hour ago, MysteryJen said:

Waiting at the high school match.

ds3 won. We are here until the end, then pick up a sandwich and head south.

Congrats to ds!

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Rebooted dishwasher.

Dd's "new" car passed the emissions test.  Phew!

Dh went with us to get the car registration transferred to us.  He had to go because his name was also on the form. 

Went to a local independent coffee shop on the way home and split a gluten free pumpkin scone with dh. 

Mmm, that sounds yummy and ya for the car passing!

3 hours ago, Selkie said:

My list was way too ambitious today...looks like I'll be cutting and pasting tomorrow!

I did sweep the haysheds, clean the very dirty stalls, and walk all the way down to the valley below us to check the pastures. Told dh that we seriously need to install a ski lift so I don't have to drag my sorry butt back up that hill all the time! The horses were very thrilled to get to go down the hill for the first time in over a week.

Otherwise, I did office work all day long.

Since dd has violin tonight, I was planning to make dinner early, but then I got caught up in a phone call and now I'm behind schedule.

You got tons done, good job!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2