Menu

Blah.

Terabith

21 hours ago, PeterPan said:

Oh that's interesting! Had never heard that. Makes sense about the melatonin, but didn't realize it would help the immune system.

Melatonin is pretty incredible! There's still a lot to learn about it. Light suppresses its production so that's why a dark room is recommended.

9 hours ago, moonflower said:

I have clothes that you could mistake for pajamas or not depending on how charitable you were feeling.  I go out in these everywhere and no one bats an eye as far as I can tell.  If yoga pants are clothes, pajamas are clothes.

We’re going to need pictures.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Tanaqui said:

Just remember to get plenty of rest and plenty of water. *hugs* You'll pull through.

Yeah.  Doctor said it’s a virus that clinically is indistinguishable from flu but negative on tests.  He said it’s lasting a week followed by another few days of weakness.  He said it’s epidemic in area.  

Edited by Terabith
  • Sad 2

33 minutes ago, moonflower said:

Those are cute! They would look terrible on me because they are so tight at the ankles, but I see other people wearing that style and they look great!

Oh, I think they probably look terrible on me too, but let me tell you it is like wearing air.  They are so comfortable around the waist especially that I don't notice them, and I am super sensitive to that kind of thing.  My teenager is pretty horrified by them, but I wear them until there are holes, which for the record takes 3 years of nearly daily wear.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Terabith said:

Yeah.  Doctor said it’s a virus that clinically is indistinguishable from flu but negative on tests.

So have they experimented to see if the flu meds work on it??

3 hours ago, Terabith said:

My husband changed the sheets.  Clean sheets when you’re feverish are heavenly.  

Yay!!!

Just now, PeterPan said:

So have they experimented to see if the flu meds work on it??

Yay!!!

Honestly, no idea, but it's past the window for meds to probably be effective, so.....

I am definitely feeling better, at least as long as I stay horizontal.  Slept literally from 10 am till 6 pm.  Getting out of bed still makes me feel like crap, but progress.  Fever is down some, too.  

• Like 3

I wanted to point out to you the happy news that it turns out you don't have Mad Cow disease, but I didn't know if that was appropriate.

:biggrin:

But really, I'm horrified at this virulent strain and hope you're over it soon! Rest hard and I'm glad he gave you potent meds. Was he UC or your regular dude or a sub?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

I wanted to point out to you the happy news that it turns out you don't have Mad Cow disease, but I didn't know if that was appropriate.

:biggrin:

But really, I'm horrified at this virulent strain and hope you're over it soon! Rest hard and I'm glad he gave you potent meds. Was he UC or your regular dude or a sub?

Sub at primary care office.  Primary care doc was out sick.  Yeah, they gave me phenergan and tessalon for cough.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

But really, I'm horrified at this virulent strain and hope you're over it soon!

Me, too. Kids at my school are getting sick with something that sounds like what you've got. Ugh! If it's not "the flu" but a virus that makes you feel exactly the same... yikes. Hope you feel a little better tomorrow.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, moonflower said:

Those are only pj pants because you are wearing them to bed! LOL. I was picturing you running errands in something more like this.

• Haha 3

Thought I was feeling better, but feeling achy and exhausted and feverish again after being awake for a few hours.  Sigh.  

Is it okay to just stay in bed?  Feel so much better lying down.  I'm definitely better than I was.  Way better.  But still feel sick.  

Edited by Terabith
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, BeachGal said:

Oh no. 😞 That is an awful virus. Sometimes bad viral infections do a do-sI-do, it seems. I wish you could take something to help you get better faster. It’s so weird that the symptoms are so much like the flu yet not technically the flu.

He said it's lasting a week.  And, I definitely feel a lot better than I did.  I just still feel pretty crappy and can't seem to manage non horizontal life at all.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Terabith said:

Is it okay to just stay in bed? 

YES!!! My dd and ds always do this, getting up too soon. You must must must rest rest rest to feel better better better.

There, did I say it enough? But seriously, be your own mama here and speak the kind words to yourself that you'd say if it were someone else. Oops, that would be get up, make your lunch anyway, go to school. Haha, no you wouldn't. You'd take them to stay in bed and make them soup. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Terabith said:

He said it's lasting a week. 

So looking back when do you think you started? You've only been wicked 3 days now, right? So technically you were quite feverish or contagious at UC. Well you may have had your revenge there.

I'm glad it's at least SHORT if it has to happen. Two weeks of this would just be astonishing. One is survivable. Sorta. Maybe.

I keep thinking about your bug when I go out now. I washed extra long when I got back from the grocery store, lol. 

Edited by PeterPan
  • Haha 1

It hit Monday morning.  I left to drive kids to school thinking, “Huh.  I feel like I might be getting a cold.”  By the time I got home 30 minutes later, I was SICK and felt like I had been hit by a train.  

Supposed to go to a party Saturday.  I don’t think there’s any way I can manage that.  

On top of it all, I am really struggling depression wise and kind of need to address it.  Not that I want to do it, but I think I kinda need to get on the list to do the partial hospitalization program.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Terabith said:

On top of it all, I am really struggling depression wise and kind of need to address it.  Not that I want to do it, but I think I kinda need to get on the list to do the partial hospitalization program.  

Were you struggling before this bug? I mean, you should have all the care you need, yes, absolutely. However at some point it might be interesting to run genetics on yourself. My dd has an MTHFR defect, which is why she would go down into holes when sick. (her methyls were dropping) I'm a mix of COMT and MTHFR defects, which offset each others, so I never realized it was happening to us. It would just be something interesting to look into.

29 minutes ago, Terabith said:

It hit Monday morning.  I left to drive kids to school thinking, “Huh.  I feel like I might be getting a cold.”  By the time I got home 30 minutes later, I was SICK and felt like I had been hit by a train.  

Do you feel like you have issues with interoception and self-awareness, or was it really THAT FAST? That's terrible, ugh.

Oh man.  Drugs wore off.  Improvement may have been a chemical illusion.  Ow.

Taking more drugs and going back to bed.  I don’t think I am ready to be upright.  Maybe I will feel up to watching Netflix later?  I haven’t felt well enough to do any of the kinda enjoyable sick stuff like tv or reading. 

Edited by Terabith
  • Sad 2

Well, crap.... I sent a message to the dr who saw me yesterday just confirming, “You said this is lasting a week, right?”  

He said, “No...it’s lasting at LEAST a week. It’s pretty commonly lasting two and occasionally three weeks, though the fever is usually gone in 7-10 days.”  

Crap

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, Terabith said:

I know I’m not really there yet, but how do you guys decide you’re well enough to leave the house or return to daily life after flu?

I like a scaled return. So first I begin walking. Then I can sit upright and watch tv. Then I stand and get my own snacks. Never return to doing dishes; just leave that to them forever. Then I get groceries by pick up. Then I'm back to regular life.

18 minutes ago, Terabith said:

It’s pretty commonly lasting two and occasionally three weeks

Ugh.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Keep it a really quiet secret. Stay in bed a few more days and finish your Christmas shopping on your phone. Let them wash their own dishes. :biggrin:

The dishes and laundry are piling up.  Really am going to have to do something about them.  My husband hasn’t been feeling particularly well either and has also been running a fever off and on.  He has been in better shape than me but not great.  

• Sad 1