Menu

Fundraising fail... help me out

theelfqueen

No, I dont want you to buy anything lol

My kids are born salesmen, when theres a product to sell.... boyscout popcorn? Camp cards? Butterbraids? They do well.

But youngest has just joined a local high school's robotics team. They're supposed to sell tickets to a fundraiser dinner.

I won't even be in town... so he has one ticket for Dad.

And then... who the heck are we supposed to sell these to? I mean. He can ask my parents but their income is limited and going out at night will turn my mother into a pumpkin or something... so they are probably a no. I have like no ideas. It feels like a huge imposition to ask people to attend an event. And pay for it.

How do you deal with this kind of thing? Who does he ask? 

Honestly, I have no one I could sell something like that to. I would speak with whoever is in charge and find out how much is expected in donation or how else I could contribute. But I simply couldn't sell those. If there was a minimum I had to sell I would buy them and give them away. 

That said, I also never wanted my kids selling any of that other stuff you mentioned so we just don't really do fundraisers -so I am likely coming at this for a different place.

When my kids had a fundraiser it was primarily dh and I buying out the minimum. Sometimes we could ask one grandparent depending on the fundraiser. Pretty much for us, fundraisers were just an added expense that we had to figure in. 

Edited by teachermom2834
  • Like 3

What kind of fundraiser dinner? Tickets $20 and under sell very well in my area for things like jambalaya, spaghetti, and so on. Main dish, side dish, drink. You can eat in the school cafeteria or take it home. It's no more and sometimes even less than they would spend grabbing a casual dinner out. People post on Facebook and usually get a few quick sales that way. 

If it's a more formal and expensive dinner, I wouldn't be able to sell any tickets, either. 

• Like 1

I'd post on FB and see if anyone was interested. Sometimes people are, sometimes they aren't. If it is over $20/person, though, it is probably a lost cause in my area unless there is some headline entertainment or novel aspect. 

I've sent flyers with my dh to his work and he posts it somewhere it is allowed. Sometimes people want to buy tickets, sometimes not. No pressure. Here is the info, if you want to buy tickets, come see me.